Speaker Help

slayer63636

it was working when i first wired it but now nothing.

Are you sure that you didn't fry your output transformer? You don't happen to have a Marshall amp, do you? Marshalls are notorious for not being tolerant of speaker impedance mistmatches...

i have a home made cab. i copyed the specs and wiring from a crate 4X12 cab. anywho i was testing them to see of the worked and the first one did but when it conneced the other one i got sound. when i conneced both of em up i got nothing from one of them. i was careful and turned the amp off to between adjustment. as far as my amp goes it a little crate amp that pushes 30 watts.

i have a home made cab. i copyed the specs and wiring from a crate 4X12 cab. anywho i was testing them to see of the worked and the first one did but when it conneced the other one i got  sound. when i conneced both of em up i got nothing from one of them. i was careful and turned the amp off to between adjustment. as far as my amp goes it a little crate amp that pushes 30 watts.

One problem I see right off the bat is that you are presenting your amp with a serious impedance mismatch with two 4x12 cabs (correct?) hooked up to it. Is your amp tube or solid state?

Disconnect the suspect speaker and check it with a multimeter on the lowest resistance setting - if it reads open (infinite ohms) or shorted (less than 2 ohms or so), it's fried. If not, try wiring the pair in series (speaker 1 + lead to amp output hot lead, speaker 1 - lead to speaker 2 + lead, speaker 2 - lead to amp output ground lead). If one works but the other doesn't, the quiet speaker is toast.

the verdic is in. the speaker is blown. i ran it thru the multi meter and it was not getting any resistant. i ran the other one and it was reading at 8 ohms. oh well i only paid 10.50 fo both of em so i really dont care.

thanks to all of those who took the time to help me out.

You might want to have a tech take alook at the dead one - sometimes it's as simple as a wire torn loose from a terminal (I won't tell you how I know that - let's just say I have an extra 10 that I really didn't have to replace :D ).