Flat Black Finishes

Alright hey everyone im a newbie on here but here my question:

Has anyone seen the goth thunderbird and guitars and stuff that epiphone and gibson made or the nikki sixx blackbird? well i just recently bought a blackbird bass and my body asked how he could get that finish on his Warlock not im not sure how to get it to that satin finish i know i have to buy flat black paint and the satin clear coat stuff but is there a special way to do this? if anyone can help me with this question i would be very thankful

:D

how many refinishes have you previously done, and does your body know you havent done any/many before?

you guys are kinda bein asses here iv done like 3 sorry im not a pro at it and i had a bloody question so **** this site

***? Try re-wording your question better. How are we supposed to know what "special way to do this means". You paint it like any normal guitar!

how many refinishes have you previously done, and does your body know you havent done any/many before?

you guys are kinda bein asses here iv done like 3 sorry im not a pro at it and i had a bloody question so **** this site

***? Try re-wording your question better. How are we supposed to know what "special way to do this means". You paint it like any normal guitar!

i was asking for tips jackass "is there a special way to make the way i want it or do i just throw the **** on"

i was asking for tips jackass "is there a special way to make the way i want it or do i just throw the **** on"

You're lucky you are even getting help with that attitude. It won't get you far man.

It's the same exact process!!! The -only- thing is you don't buff out the finish. You sand the last clear with 400 grit until it's dead flat and spray one more coat, hoping you don't have orange peel or runs.

www.reranch.com Read up boy!

Edited by AlGeeEater

actually you use flat finishing products...they have silica or a similar material in them to cut down the gloss...

nikki-sixx,you are suspended for 2 weeks for the attacks...algee...this is your warning...you know better than to escalate these things.

by the way,nikki-sixx...they were just trying to let you know that if you are working on a buddy's instrument without a clue,that it isn't cool,and that hopefully your buddy is aware his guitar may end up less than perfect.nobody here knows you...

i see this come up alot,and rarely do i see it explained...so here

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....e=SEARCHRESULTS

that is a flat black aeresol...it will be glossy or flat,depending on how you polish it...but if you add a clear coat(which most guitars do have...looks more pro)then what you really need to keep it flat is this

http://www.rufkahrs.com/hardw4/chem6.html

scroll down to the clear laquers...you will find gloss,semi gloss,and satin...flat and dead flat..pick one of the satins or flats...it will stay flat no matter how you buff it

but that link is just an example...you can get them at any home depot or wal mart

Wes, he know's what he need's to get. Thing is, he wanted to know if there's any special way to apply it, I think. You don't need to polish flat finishes I thought though :D

just to get out the scratches from the level sanding...

it seems that every finish i ever do catches light in a weird way if i don't buff the final coat.but i have only done one satin finish...my f copy though is going to be dead flat.