Emg's Or Dimarzios?

Nitefly SA

OK they are expensive, but If u don't like them then you can swap them for a different one or if there's nothing u completely like then he will custom wind one for you!!

the customer service is fantastic and I really mean it when they kick my EMG's asses, they really are good! Listen to some of the properly done BKP soundclips if you can. Tim the guy plays in an Ozzmossis ozzy tribute band and not only is he a fantastic player but he gets ZW spot on. The MM was designed to repicate ZW and it does but better.

I don't what to rant but they really are great,

Its either £70 for a stock SD or DM or £100 for a tailor made PU, the extra £30 is worth it. so far all PU;s that he makes that have been reviewed by Total guitar and such like have got 5 stars and gold awards and stuff so they can't be that bad :D

Im not knocking other guitar makes or playes, im just saying that these are really good.

Anyway whatever you feel comfortable with, happy hunting

MMM

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I get EMG's from the states for $99USD, which equates to £55, and Duncans are $70-80USD, which comes to around £45.

I get the point you are trying to make, and if was allowing myself to be ripped off bigtime by getting seymour duncans or EMG's from the local shops here in Australia, THEN it would be economical to check out BKP... but while I can get Seymour Duncans and EMG's for half the price of BKP, I personally couldn't bring myself to make the switch :D

- Dan

Neck Carvin

middle 60's strat

bridge tonezone

= Me Happy :D :D B)

• 9 months later...

id recomend

Neck; air norton

Middle; blue velvet

Bridge; tone zone

the are norton and tone zones should handle the heavier stuff well, whiltst the blue velvet by itself or mixed with the split humbuckers should be prety good on the clean side. ibanez j.customs use this set-up and they dont sound too bad :D , (admitantly there made from different woods)

just dont go with active! youll spend more time buying new batteries than playing!

That's absolute nonsense.

I've played active for five years and gone through three batteries on my guitar. I've replaced more batteries in my stompboxes than the guitar.

Edited by crafty

just dont go with active! youll spend more time buying new batteries than playing!

I've got over a year on my Strat with no problems. The draw of active pickups is really quite low, and provided you unplug your instrument (the jack completes the electrical connection when the plug is inserted), they'll last a long time. EMG says you have 3000 hours, which is 125 days of non-stop playing.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...