2 Speaker Output To 4

TenderSurrender

Now this isnt directly guitar related but since you electronic gurus seem to know an awful amount about everything... id thought id give it a shot!

I Currently use a JVC AK-11 to power the speakers for my pc (pioneer 200 Watt)

Now the question is... the output for a JVC AK-11 is 2 speakers.... is there anyway i can make it 4?

I dont need the 2 new speakers to be independent of the others... perhaps say the extra 2 going to each channel e.g one on the left and one on the right?

Thanks for your help in advance

~~ Slain Angel ~~

The amp is stereo output but doesnt use that kind of output... the output are the speaker cable type... erm ok thats not helpful... *finds picture*

cbl_anaudio_spkr_hidef.jpg

Thats not far from it actually lol!

So any ideas how i could do it for that, i mean i know i could get the 1/4 jacks and solder the speaker cables into that and then into the adapter suregork showed me but id presume the signal quality after all that would be awful :D

Any other suggestions guys?

~~ Slain Angel ~~

No lol

Currently i have 2 speakers connected to a stereo amplifier using

cbl_anaudio_spkr_hidef.jpg

That sort of cabling...

They go to the back of my amplifier and connect to L-R for one speaker and L-R for the other speaker (e.g 4 hole things at the back of my amp)

My question is How would i make the amp take 4 speakers over 2...

I Presume the Ohms would be an issue *could be talking BS so dnt worry*

~~ Slain Angel ~~

My question is How would i make the amp take 4 speakers over 2...

I Presume the Ohms would be an issue *could be talking BS so dnt worry*

~~ Slain Angel ~~

feylya is leading you the correct path to get the result and yes, resistance can be critical. Sticking two sets of speakers the way suggested makes the feed parallel and would divide the resistance in half. So two 4ohm speakers to the same source is a 2ohm load and *could* smoke the amp. You could also do them in series where the one + lead to speaker, - lead speaker to + next speaker, original speaker - to next speaker -. That would double your resistance (less wattage and volume) but most often safer than the former.

Well if its anyhelp, The amp and Speakers both say 8 Ohms...

~~ Slain Angel ~~

That being the case, if you took both speakers and wired them into the same jack it's quite possible the amp will smoke. If you wired one to the other it would be 16ohms and should work. But you will have a noticible a drop in volume.

Now for understanding, if you got 4 (two pair) 4ohm speakers wiring two in series and you would be good to go at specification.

Well the Amp is 200 Watts so a drop in volume (since plenty loud seems to sit at 1 or 2 maybe 3 ) wouldnt be a problem would it?

can you either show a basica diagram or explain it for COMPLETLY SILLY PEOPLE such as myself who have found it hard to follow?

So a diagram on how to wire the speakers please?

Thankyou

~~ Slain Angel ~~