Custom Display Cases; Wall Mounted

Forgive me if this is the wrong area for post. I was wondering if anyone had experience building display cases like the ones you see at displayandplay.com. They're selling for $800 + tax. Seems like you could build these for way less. I'm asking because I recently bought a '74 Guild Polara (like the SG, only it's more "player friendly" because the bottom horn is "smaller") with the acorn design carved into it and it's absolutely stunning, it's really the only guitar I've ever wanted. The pickups rate right up there with any Gibson PAF I've ever heard. We're totally in love and I'd like to have a nice display case. If you have any pics of cases you've built, I'd love to see them as well as any advice for gluing in the interior "velvet" or what have you. Ballpark price for materials? I don't care for a natural finish, I'd probably paint it solid anyways or cover it with vinyl so cheap wood from Lowes or Home Depot would be fine. I'm totally concerned about how to mount this thing safely - I'd mount it in concrete if I had to.

By the way, this weekend I met a guy who has a '58 Flying V, yes that's right, a 58 Flying V! I read somewhere recently that only 98 where produced in 1958/59. He bought it new and has had it ever since. Plays out in St. Louis all the time, old time rock and roll. He said it's been refinished probably 8 times. Plays like a dream. It was awesome. Isn't it amazing that when he bought that V, rock and roll wasn't even acceptable. It really stripped my gears. Thanks for your time.

By the way, this weekend I met a guy who has a '58 Flying V, yes that's right, a 58 Flying V! I read somewhere recently that only 98 where produced in 1958/59. He bought it new and has had it ever since. Plays out in St. Louis all the time, old time rock and roll. He said it's been refinished probably 8 times. Plays like a dream. It was awesome. Isn't it amazing that when he bought that V, rock and roll wasn't even acceptable. It really stripped my gears. Thanks for your time.

Maybe he does the tricky thing of telling everyone its a '58 flying V, but failing to tell everyone it also has the word "re-issue" in the model name. Pretty sneaky trick, but very very common.