How To Get "that" Tone

Curtis P

How does Judas Priest get that tone at the start of the solo of the song painkiller??

I just cant seem to get it to sound right (yea, i am attempting it)

like, the tone is WAY off for the solo, but for the main part of the song, its pretty good....

Curtis

yeah, its a poor solo with terrible tone - neck pup, gain at 10 treble at 10, mid at 8 bass at 3, 4" speaker.

though you could play it with a proper tone, try get a petrucci or romeo tone - both rock, infact romeo he pwns petrucci.

EDIT

not nocking you for attempting the solo btw. but dan and i have heard a SUPREME version of that solo, lmao - glen and the other one had nothing to do with it, lmao they wish they could play! who played it dan?

yeah, its a poor solo with terrible tone - neck pup, gain at 10 treble at 10, mid at 8 bass at 3, 4" speaker.

though you could play it with a proper tone, try get a petrucci or romeo tone - both rock, infact romeo he pwns petrucci.

EDIT

not nocking you for attempting the solo btw. but dan and i have heard a SUPREME version of that solo, lmao - glen and the other one had nothing to do with it, lmao they wish they could play! who played it dan?

It was one of the Angra guitarists, Kiko Loureiro or Rafael Bittencourt.

All the solos on their cover totally eat Priest.

They made the first one neoclassical, lmao. :D