Gold swirl finish

I really enjoy this site. Great info.! I am probably older than most of you guys (60) but I am learning a lot.

I have a saga tele kit. going to install new tuners, Bill Lawrence pick-ups. I was going to finish it in Vintage Cream (ReRanch), but have become interested in a swirl finish. The Jackson Crimson Swirl is killer, but have been thinking about doing a gold swirl over black paint. Anyone tried this, is there anything different about using gold paint?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Oh yes, I can just see that in my mind's eye! Mm-mmmm!

:D

Thinking about this. I've a slighly battered tele that I was going to strip the black fender factory finish off, and then refinish in transparent.

Here's the question - you know those metallic marker pens you can get, with the sparkle in them? Or metallic auto touch -up pens. I was thinking, after reading this, of drawing some artwork either onto the black or perhaps onto sanding sealer after refinishing. Anyone have any experience of this kind of thing?

:D