Dremel/craftsman Accessory Compatability?

jay5

I just got a Craftsman rotary tool off ebay and I want to get a flex shaft attachment as well. The tool looks identical to the Dremel variety. I figured I would see if I could pick one up cheap on ebay but all I can find are Dremel brand attachments. Does anyone know if a Dremel flex shaft will work on the craftsman multispeed rotary tool?

I just got a Craftsman rotary tool off ebay and I want to get a flex shaft attachment as well. The tool looks identical to the Dremel variety. I figured I would see if I could pick one up cheap on ebay but all I can find are Dremel brand attachments. Does anyone know if a Dremel flex shaft will work on the craftsman multispeed rotary tool?

there's a good chance that the threads where the flex tool attaches won't match up. you may end up having to go to sears to get it.

I've got a cheap dremel made by "superior" whomever they are. It threads with the dremel collars for the attachments. The problem is that the collets (that hold the actual bit) for the dremel brand are a smaller thread than this "superior" one. So keep that in mind as well.