Painting The Fretboard

Demian

Hi, I saw some guitar pictures with the fretboard painted generally with the same colour of the body and its look very cool :D Like this 5.jpg

MORE

So, whats the posibilities of doint it in all the fretboard for example (not inlays)?

Could you paint it and laquer it then ? Doesnt ruin the wood of the fretboard ?

Demian

If you're talking about the end of the fretboard, that looks like an inlay. The website says:
tastiera: acero+ins. eb
Babelfish translates that as:
keyboard maple tree ins. eb
I take the "ins. eb" part to mean inlaid ebony.

But I could be wrong.

"Tastiera" I almost suer that means fretboard.

the "eb" I suppose that means ebony

So THIS is inlayed ebony too ? ?

If you're talking about the end of the fretboard, that looks like an inlay. The website says:
tastiera: acero+ins. eb
Babelfish translates that as:
keyboard maple tree ins. eb
I take the "ins. eb" part to mean inlaid ebony.

But I could be wrong.

"Tastiera" I almost suer that means fretboard.

the "eb" I suppose that means ebony

So THIS is inlayed ebony too ? ?

Get in contact with them and ask them. Sounds like you have never seen a true inlay artist at work. They can ANYTHING.

http://www.handcraftinlay.com/

ah HA!... i found it... i now know it CAN be done... just not sure how... this is the fender SO-CAL edition guitar... i personally dont like this guitar at all... but im proud that ive finally contributed to something on the project guitar forums.... heres the link

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0265200550

now, i know that theres no possible way that is inlayed or different woods, cuz the product specs say that its a maple neck

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

ah HA!... i found it... i now know it CAN be done... just not sure how... this is the fender SO-CAL edition guitar... i personally dont like this guitar at all... but im proud that ive finally contributed to something on the project guitar forums.... heres the link

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0265200550

now, i know that theres no possible way that is inlayed or different woods, cuz the product specs say that its a maple neck

i don't think that guitar looks too good either, but here is a cooler looking painted fret board, it is from amir derakh's (the synth guitar player from orgy) website.

sweedish camo charvel

there are more guitars on his site that have painted fretboards, but they are all solid colors with inlays, and don't look as cool as this one

I think it would be hell to try and reftret a painted body, because if something ever happened to the fretboard yu'd never be able to level-sand it without effing it up.

I second that... dealing with the whole pounding in of the frets and elmers glues and all that stuff would be so much more of a hassle with paint

Edited by Ledzendrix1128