Body Cut Help

Zero

OK...I have an Ibanez RG321MH that I plan to do some custom cuts violin cuts on

then I will repaint either a ferrari type yellow or a tangerine red color similar to that pic

i need to know what would be good to make those cuts...

here is the example, its a peavey v-type

peaveyvtypered.jpg

thanks everyone

By violin cuts I imagine you mean f-holes. Unless the body is a semi-hollow you wont really be able to do them. You could refinish it and then use an f-hole decal to get the look. To answet your question, the easiest way to cut f-holes IMO (in a proper body) is with a router and template.

By violin cuts I imagine you mean f-holes. Unless the body is a semi-hollow you wont really be able to do them. You could refinish it and then use an f-hole decal to get the look. To answet your question, the easiest way to cut f-holes IMO (in a proper body) is with a router and template.

not F-holes lol but do you see the the sides of the body with where it has those square cuts...i mean those

Oh, ok, like violin c-bouts. A bandsaw or a jigsaw would be my suggestion, bandsaw coming first. You could also use a chisel to carve those areas out as theyre not that large. Either way I would strip the body first.