Lp Junior...has Anyone Ever Put A Laminate Top One

I was talking about this one...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/search...18678/src=01340

It IS an Epiphone... and just look at the specs on epiphone's site about the lp/sg special... It's written "Laminated alder/maple"

Meh...

yes,that is an epiphone,not a gibson..but also..laminated does not necessarily mean plywood.laminated just means it has at least one glue joint.most guitars are laminated.

I seriously doubt that 'tonewood' means mahogany. More like limewood or agathis or worse...seems like if it's alder they'll always label it as such.

not too concerned about what you "doubt"

i am just telling you why it is.why don't you email gibson and ask,hotshot? :D

times ARE changing...and i don't know what today's tonewood of choice is for gibson...but as far as i know they are STILL not using any of those inferior tonewoods at gibson.

there is a board member who says he used to workat gibson...heathfield or something?ahh..here he is

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showuser=1718

i don't know if he in fact did or not...or if he worked in thar part of the place...i thin he said he did set ups.

but pm him...maybe he can tell you for certain

when's the last time you've seen a Gibson advertised as being made of 'tonewood'?

yesterday...musicians friend...it was either an lp junior or a melody maker..

Just remember, I've seen you with your shirt off

Sure that wasn't an Epiphone?

So what's ' Santa Maria or equivalent' (the description of a Melody Maker) --guess that's Gibson's way of saying tonewood.

seriously though... squier bullets are also made of laminated hardwoods... and they ARE plywood! I'm serious when I mean that my friend's SG is plywood, too. lol...

I know there are NO gibsons made of plywood, but epiphone is somewhat different... They don't make you pay 2000$ for a not so well made guitar, they charge you 300$...

seriously though... squier bullets are also made of laminated hardwoods... and they ARE plywood! I'm serious when I mean that my friend's SG is plywood, too. lol...

A SQUIER BULLET MADE OF PLYWOOD!!!! NOOO WAYYYYY

Are you seirous?

LOL....

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

I have an epi JR from a few years ago that had a p90 and it is solid plywood. The paint has been stripped, and you can clearly see the 20 or so laminations. Sure, its plywood made out of tonewood, and it didn't sound half bad, but its still plywood.

Gibson lists the Melody Maker body as Mahogany and the body as Spanish Cedar or equivalent. I've got some Spanish Cedar and it looks real close to mahogany.