Acoustic Guitar, What Should I Look At.

Maher

Take a peek at these topics and see if they help:

Best Acoustic

Best acoustic #2

There are a few more that the search turned up so you may want to try searching "best acoustic" here on the forum.

The J-200 is sweet and most anyone would be happy with it. Play the one you plan to buy first though and make sure the frets are dressed well and she is straight, etc. I'd also take a look at the Takamine TNV760S Tak TNV760S She is a beauty and all the Tak's I've played are extremely nice.

If you want a killer sound for about half the price of your budget go check out an Alvarez AJ60SC Alvarez AJ60SC They run about $600 USD here. You should be more than impressed.

Also try a Takamine EG523SC if you have the chance. About 1/3 of your budget but you will be impressed.

Check out Garrison Guitars also. Again, less than your budget but perhaps the best acoustic I've ever heard......really. Not sure if you can get them in the UK though so you may have to research that. Check out the G41 and the G50 although ALL of their models sound amazing, and yes, I mean amazing. Play one....you'll see. (I sound like a commercial for these guys!)

Garrison Guitars

It really depends on the wood selection you want also. I like the rosewood body/spruce top combo in an acoustic but maple/spruce like the 523 have a nice clear sound.

I think you can spend a lot less than your budget and get a guitar that sounds exactly like you want it to. Good Luck and let us know what you end up with.

Take a peek at these topics and see if they help:

Best Acoustic

Best acoustic #2

There are a few more that the search turned up so you may want to try searching "best acoustic" here on the forum.

The J-200 is sweet and most anyone would be happy with it. Play the one you plan to buy first though and make sure the frets are dressed well and she is straight, etc. I'd also take a look at the Takamine TNV760S Tak TNV760S She is a beauty and all the Tak's I've played are extremely nice.

If you want a killer sound for about half the price of your budget go check out an Alvarez AJ60SC Alvarez AJ60SC They run about $600 USD here. You should be more than impressed.

Also try a Takamine EG523SC if you have the chance. About 1/3 of your budget but you will be impressed.

Check out Garrison Guitars also. Again, less than your budget but perhaps the best acoustic I've ever heard......really. Not sure if you can get them in the UK though so you may have to research that. Check out the G41 and the G50 although ALL of their models sound amazing, and yes, I mean amazing. Play one....you'll see. (I sound like a commercial for these guys!)

Garrison Guitars

It really depends on the wood selection you want also. I like the rosewood body/spruce top combo in an acoustic but maple/spruce like the 523 have a nice clear sound.

I think you can spend a lot less than your budget and get a guitar that sounds exactly like you want it to. Good Luck and let us know what you end up with.

Hey Thanks for the advicei really like the J 200 but its double my price limit, the thing is this guitar is being bought for me for my 18th birthday, so i really want this guitar to be the only ill have to the day i die, so i really need to be something special :D

im really likeing the Gibson > Southern Jumbo and J45

or maybe a martin :D i think my best options is really take a few hours and try everything i can

im really likeing the Gibson > Southern Jumbo and J45

or maybe a martin smile.gif i think my best options is really take a few hours and try everything i can

I love the J45 too. I'd really suggest you check out the Garrison if you can get them on your side of the pond. They're made in Canada :D and have a very different sound from most of the guitars you've ever played. I had a G50 and a G41 (and several G20's and G25's) and they went to guys I know. One hasn't touched his Martin since he got the G50. He got the G50 last summer and set his Martin aside for 3 or 4 months and finally gave the Martin to his kid. He is a better commercial for the Garrison than I am :D I play bass BTW and fiddle on guitars regulary since I sell them. I've played over 1000 guitars easily this year so I hear lots of different wood combos and brands (and I really do suck at guitar B) ). Don't forget to play a Taylor also. When you play the Martin's play a mid to high end one. My pastor's wife just picked up a "low" end Martin (like there really is such a thing) and it sounds.....well, not so good. I hate to rip on Martin's because they are killer guitars but let's say I am less than impressed with her's. It's a D-1 and was over $900 new....... :D

But you're on the right track, play them all and let your ears decide. Always my advice!! BTW the pastor's wife loves her Martin....it's just me that it doesn't appeal to but I don't have to play it every day. My wife doesn't like my Peavey Cirrus bass but I love it.....she loves my Epiphone Les Paul bass......go figure. I love the Epi too though....and all the others B)

Hey, ive done abit of research and Garrisons are available over here in the UK (Dealers)

I really have to play one of these! rather than shortening my short list ive made it longer :D

beware guitar shops of london ima comming, and ill play stairway to heaven as many times as i like if im spending £1000 on a guitar!