Mahogony Strat

Chrisstrong_86

Im finishing off a pre-rout strat thats made out of mahogony and really don't know how its going to sound as i've never played one.

Anyways its my first try at building a guitar and i bought the GFS premium hot alnico's

(btw its s/s/s configuration)

Is this a safe bet on a good sound or would a lower output set suit mahogony better?

as i don't have unlimited money any help is well appreciated

Chris

:D

:D Hi,

If your budget will allow, and if your don't like the pups you already have, contact Mike Gray at mgray55@hotmail.com for a great set of Chubtones. They will set you back about $150 or so, but Mike will voice them for your woods. I just finished a totally mahogany strat with Chubtones and an oil finish, and it sounds great!

Peace,

Dave

Im finishing off a pre-rout strat thats made out of mahogony and really don't know how its going to sound as i've never played one.

Anyways its my first try at building a guitar and i bought  the GFS premium hot alnico's

(btw its s/s/s configuration)

Is this a safe bet on a good sound or would a lower output set suit mahogony better?

as i don't have unlimited money any help is well appreciated

Chris

He winds them hotter (or not), plus I conferred with him on pot and cap values. It turned out great. I use a "secret" recipe of amber and clear oils. After I'm done, I wax with ACTUAL carnauba wax, not the auto stuff. E-mail me at dlblackburn1@msn.com and I'll send you photos. I'c post one here if I knew how......computer man, I'm not!

Peace,

Dave

Im intriuged, in what way did he voice them for your woods, what sort of oil finish did you use? and did you go for "hot" pickups?

chris

He winds them hotter (or not), plus I conferred with him on pot and cap values.  It turned out great.  I use a "secret" recipe of amber and clear oils.  After I'm done, I wax with ACTUAL carnauba wax, not the auto stuff.  E-mail me at dlblackburn1@msn.com and I'll send you photos.  I'c post one here if I knew how......computer man, I'm not!

Peace,

Dave

My email is chrisstrong_86@hotmail.com photo's would be great!,

i'm interested in what cap value you went with?

I'm going for 500K pots not sure on cap yet tho, i'm also thinking of going for this kit click me

but i'm really not sure on the pots provided!

Chris :D

Edited by Chrisstrong_86