Caps (wood Ones!)

chunkielad

Craft supplies can be a little patchy when it comes to quality, honestly. Mostly it's good, but talk to the wood guy and explain exactly what you want over the phone to make sure. Ask for the wood shop number when you call.

Alternately, David Dyke (Luthierssupplies.co.uk) is great to deal with, has tons of wonderful wood, and will pretty much cut whatever you need. He might be a tad pricier than other UK suppliers, but his product is top notch. Call them, though, and talk to Dave.

You've also got Touchstonetonewoods.co.uk, although I've never used them.

Just to give you guys a heads up...I'm in the process of starting up a small business selling Tonewoods (and eventually parts, etc) in the UK. I've just got some wood for body blanks which will be for sale soon B) (Tops will follow in a few months) It will be very small scale but I hope to be able to offer stuff at a good price and you'll be able to see the exact piece you're buying on my website.

.....sorry for the Spam :D

:D:D

Just to give you guys a heads up...I'm in the process of starting up a small business selling Tonewoods (and eventually parts, etc) in the UK. I've just got some wood for body blanks which will be for sale soon :D  (Tops will follow in a few months) It will be very small scale but I hope to be able to offer stuff at a good price and you'll be able to see the exact piece you're buying on my website.

.....sorry for the Spam  :D

B)  B)

I don't see it as spam mate - it's directly related to what I asked!

Keeps us informed. :D

"Craft supplies can be a little patchy when it comes to quality, honestly."

Mattia, that's the understatement of the century - me, i go to David Dykes, like you said they are more expensive but it doesn't come cupped or twisted and they do tend to actually have the stuff in stock whereas i find CS tends to list lots but carry very little.

Jem :D

Oh yeah Simo, keep us all informed.

Mattia, that's the understatement of the century - me, i go to David Dykes, like you said they are more expensive but it doesn't come cupped or twisted and they do tend to actually have the stuff in stock whereas i find CS tends to list lots but carry very little.

Heh. Well, I was being charitable, since I've been happy enough (though not thrilled) with what little I've ordered from them, but I've heard plenty of 'horror stories' about them from others. If I'm after something very specific, Dave Dyke is the go-to guy in the UK, pretty much.

Heh. Well, I was being charitable, since I've been happy enough (though not thrilled) with what little I've ordered from them, but I've heard plenty of 'horror stories' about them from others. If I'm after something very specific, Dave Dyke is the go-to guy in the UK, pretty much.

Yeah well perhaps i'm a bit biased as i know Jamie Dyke from the local band scene. Of the stuff i've got from CS the body blank (i ran thorugh five different woods before asking what they actually had in stock- which was very little) was cupped to the point i only just got 1 3/4" out of it and out of two neck blanks one is so warped it's going to be touch and go if i can use it.

Winge over !