Ibanez Sz Vs. Schecter C1 Plus

Kith

I'd play 'em both and see which one you like better. I'd personally pick the Ibanez, but I've played them both and prefer the Ibanez neck and sound--and I'm not a huge fan of Ibanez, either.

The C-1's I've played have felt lifeless and full of dead spots on the neck, probably from the heel-less neck joint. The Seymour Duncan pickups help some, but you can't polish a turd.

This is all just my opinion--you should buy because of your preferences, not mine.

The C-1's I've played have felt lifeless and full of dead spots on the neck, probably from the heel-less neck joint. The Seymour Duncan pickups help some, but you can't polish a turd.

unfortunately...i have to agree.for a while schecter was really making them good...bt lately the ones i have picked up to play were lifeless.

it's not the neck joint though...i think it is the thicker maple caps and the epoxy they use to glue it on.i have a heelless joint on most of mine that i built and there are no dead spots.

it could also be a larger than necessary truss rod rout....that will create dead spots...

or an uneven glue spread on the fingerboard.the heel has less to do with it than the neck construction itself.

I got the C-1 Classic recently ( after a 1 year wait from a local shop [ I gave up on them ] and a 6 month struggle with music123.com who seemd pretty determined to not give me the guitar [ i wouldnt recomend them as an online retailer ] ) and I must say, it was well worth the wait. It sounds pretty nice, altho I imagine it will sound a fair amount better once i get some 500k pots in it ( one push/pull ) and get it re wired for lots of fancy combinations.

I played a c-1 plus recently and it was alright, although i didnt give it a good go, and it was throuhg a cheap peavy amp. As for the Ibanez, they certainly look like a good play, but i dont have any experiene with the Sz to speak from.

Id have to say play them both before you make a decision, because every guitar is differnet to different people.

Thats a fair point actually.... I mean, I got used to it, but I always found that Gibraltar III bridge to feel a bit weird, I imagine its due to the different shape around the posts area... its a little bulkier than your averate tune-o-matic.

- Dan

I'd take the SZ over the C1, but I am an Ibanez fan. I have played both. The SZ's I've played have all been really nice guitars, and the sustain is just amazing on them. To me they feel perfect if that's the kind of guitar you're looking for. The only thing I don't like on them is the goofy inaly on the bridge.

I think the Schecter C1 looks better, but the Ibanez plays and sounds better to me.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...