Finish Question/ Idea

I've used the acrylic Minwax on floors and a few odd finishing jobs that had to be done in place with customers who didn't want the toxic fumes from solvent based stuff.

The only drawbacks to the stuff, from my experience anyhow, are:

1) If you try to build it really thick it tends to get a little bit of a blue haze. This is nowhere near as bad as early water based finishes, but it is still there. Just a quirk of water based finishes.

2) It doesn't dry as hard as solvent based finishes. This is relative. It dries hard enough to walk on. I have a floor I did for a customer that is their main entrance. It's maple (a guitar wood) with a parquet border made of walnut (another guitar wood), red oak (a bad guitar wood) and Honduras mahogany ( a really good guitar wood). It's high gloss and has been walked on for four years and still looks pretty damn good.

Obey the recoat times religeously. Make sure that you scuff sand every little nook and cranny. It will perform almost identically to solvent based poly in the long run.

I've used the acrylic Minwax on floors and a few odd finishing jobs that had to be done in place with customers who didn't want the toxic fumes from solvent based stuff.

The only drawbacks to the stuff, from my experience anyhow, are:

1) If you try to build it really thick it tends to get a little bit of a blue haze. This is nowhere near as bad as early water based finishes, but it is still there. Just a quirk of water based finishes.

2) It doesn't dry as hard as solvent based finishes. This is relative. It dries hard enough to walk on. I have a floor I did for a customer that is their main entrance. It's maple (a guitar wood) with a parquet border made of walnut (another guitar wood), red oak (a bad guitar wood)  and Honduras mahogany ( a really good guitar wood). It's high gloss and has been walked on for four years and still looks pretty damn good.

Obey the recoat times religeously. Make sure that you scuff sand every little nook and cranny. It will perform almost identically to solvent based poly in the long run.

is its safe touch for long periods of time once it dries?its not toxic or anything right?