On Board Effects

Noddy13

Hi, sorry if something like this has been listed before ( the only one i could find is the on board distortion one ) i was wonderig if any one has had any experience in making there own on board effects, i was thinking along the lines of the ones on axesrus.com but maybe simperler (sp). I'm doing a systems project soon and would really love to do something like this.

Also i was thinking of just taking apart a stomp box and sticking it in the back with the push switch at the front with the tone pots and that, probably a bad idea... and size wont be much of an issue as i'm making my own guitar in DT aswell.

Any ways Cheers in advance Noddy :D

yeah i have had good experience but i build fx so that would reason why. :D

The only thing I can add is that if you use some onboard high gain distortion circuits, make sure the guitar is shielded well so that you don't get a lot of EMI (hum/buzz/noise). Other than that, there's no reason why you couldn't have onboard effects as long as you have the room inside the guitar for them.

I would add a simple buffer as your first "effect". Then a booster (my favorite being Jack Orman's JFET based booster). A fuzz would be simple to add, but you wouldn't want a buffer in front of it. Check out diystompboxes.com, generalguitargadgets.com, geofex.com, and muzique.com.