Custom Truss Rod

TGwaH

Ditto, you see, if it's a two way truss rod, then we can be slightly impressed(in all reality, there's not much to even a double acting truss rod), but if it's a traditional single acting truss rod, well then that's just a rod, a nut, and a threaded insert...not particularly impressive. I don't mean to be the barer of bad news, just the realist.

EDIT:

Now if by custom you mean you've created some sort of 3 way truss rod(assuming there could ever be a third way the neck would need to move), then...I will be quite impressed. :D

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

I don't mean to be the barer of bad news, just the realist.

EDIT:

Now if by custom you mean you've created some sort of 3 way truss rod(assuming there could ever be a third way the neck would need to move), then...I will be quite impressed.

peace,

russ

No worries about being a bummer. It's not partiularly complex, but I can post some pictures when I make my next one. If people want more info, cool, if not it's all good. :D

Actually, Jon John Fisher Tirone ( :D ) has a couple of tutorials on the main site building guitars with stone knives and bear skins. Almost literally. He made just about everything he couldn't scrounge including truss rods, pickups, binding, you name it. Look for Building a Les Paul Style Guitar The Hard Way, and Building a Stratosomethingorother. It's all in there.

Is it a double acting truss rod? If so, I'd be really interested to know where you found a reverse threaded dye.

Go to www.tapdie.com.

At the bottom of every page in the taps and dies sections, it says:

"All other sizes manufactured/supplied & LEFT-HAND in stock - ask"

And they DO have about a million different sizes - pick your poison :D.

They're pretty cheap, too.