Binding

I wanted to know how to install binding, i keep reading discussions where it is routed in, does this have to be done or can you just glue it to the edge. i have an arctic white strat i want black binding on.

thanks

Hey, not only the fact that you are asking silly questions, but repeatingly asking questions again and again. lol. I haven't even started my 1st project and obviously i can already asnswer your question.

1. Yes! You need to route out the edge of your guitar to install binding

2. Use the right Glue and Router Bit

3. You can still do binding without the cut out rim, just that it would look gay and not right, basically like duct taping your guitar.

4. If this is your first attempt then I should warn you that the counter for the arm rest will become difficult and make sure you cut the end of the bindings correctly. Neways. Enough talking.

Ash Hk :D

thanks for the reply EDITTED, im asking stupid questions so what, i couldnt find it i asked, isnt that what this boards for... anyway im not trying to build a guitar i just want to install binding so just keep your negativity to yourself.

Learn some respect, and use the search feature. You've got two weeks to sort your attitude out

Edited by rhoads56

I might tend to agree that rokeros' reply was a little bit on the rude side but your's was straight on hostile. Do you expect to get help when you start assulting those who help you?

On to the question... There is far more that I don't know than I know but I don't remember seeing binding on Strats. Isn't it imposible to bind a rounded edge or am I missing something?

Its do-able but serves no point. The strat body is just too contoured and curvy to make binding installed ANYWHERE look good. Binding is mainly used on sharp corners or flat areas to cover glue joints / seams separating different pieces of wood.

Not anymore rude then half the guys around here haha, but rude comes with an answer when u dont do ur research. I myself have been known to ask question without researching first, i get a rude reply, but also an answer, i take both and go oh next time maybe i should research next time. So just ask urself before u ask a quesion, has this already been answered? well i get a rude reply? and they ask if u choose. Project guitar has been around for what 3 years now, i think binding has been answered many a time in those three years lol.

thanks for the reply EDITTED, im asking stupid questions so what, i couldnt find it i asked, isnt that what this boards for... anyway im not trying to build a guitar i just want to install binding so just keep your negativity to yourself.

you just copped yourself two weeks vacation. Adjust your attitude, or shove off.