Ibanez Tremelos

I was thinking of getting an ibanez guitar, i want somethign in either the RG or the S series, not sure yet, i hear some of their tremelos suck, like the edge II i think i heard was bad,any way what tremelos are good and what trems are bad and also, how is the ZR (zero resistance) tremelo?

I own an RG 270DX, and the stock tremolo is junk. Not to say the guitar is! It's a basic RG body with the Wizard II neck. If you can find out extra cheap and swap out the pickups and tremolo the guitar would be nice but thats alot of work. If you're wanting a brand new Ibanez I think weezerboy is 100% right, Harmony Central has been the factor that lead me to buying alot of my gear.

The ZR is a great trem. The only real problem with the ZR is that the arm holder loosens up with time and use, and has to be periodically retightened, or have the bushing replaced.

Any of the Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Pro, or ZR trems are great trems. Avoid the TRS, TRS-II, Edge Pro II/III, Lo-TRS, etc. which are the low-cost versions of the better trems used on the low-end guitars. Generally, the 400/500 level and better S series and RG series guitars will have the good trems, while the cheaper guitars have the cheap trems. Don't plan to buy a cheap guitar and swap out the bridge. Many of those "upgrades" cannot be performed without significant modifications/routing. You will end up paying more in the long run than finding something used with the right hardware.