How Do I Fix This

I would make sure the pocket is all square. Take a piece of mahogany (looks like the body is mahogany) and shape it to fill the cavity perfectly. I would have to see it up close but I may also route the neck pick up out and fill aswell. Glue it up, clamp it and let it dry. Then I would take my router and a template and reroute the pickup and neck pocket. Good as new.

I would make sure the pocket is all square. Take a piece of mahogany (looks like the body is mahogany) and shape it to fill the cavity perfectly. I would have to see it up close but I may also route the neck pick up out and fill aswell. Glue it up, clamp it and let it dry. Then I would take my router and a template and reroute the pickup and neck pocket. Good as new.

how would i get the block to match the uneveness of the neck pocket?

I'm surprised you haven't noticed, he don't got none common sense.

If you're going to insult someone, put a smiley after it. Otherwise we don't know if you're joking or not. And if you're not joking, look, there's no call for flames here. If nothing else, he's smart enough to come ask for help.

Adam--did you make this neck pocket or did you buy it that way?

If you made it and you're planning on fixing it --you need to make a template first, and practice on scrap before attacking your guitar again.

What I'd do (well, other than scrapping this guitar and trying again on a new piece of wood):

Cut out a replacement block of wood FIRST. Make sure the sides are square. It should be larger than the destroyed pocket and the mangled pickup cavity.

Use that block to make a TEMPLATE. You can use scrap, MDF, whatever. But you want a template that's going to allow you get clean lines.

TEST your template using scrap --you should be able to route a pocket that fits the replacement block of wood EXACTLY.

If it doesn't fit EXACTLY ---practice again. Or fix your template.

Only after you've successfully routed AT LEAST two pockets in scrap should you move onto the guitar itself. By then you've probably gained some confidence in your routing ability. And maybe figured out where you went wrong in the first place.

Route the new pocket, glue in the block. Wait.

Now, prepare NEW templates for the neck pocket and the humbucker. Test both to be certain they're perfect --that is TEST them on SCRAP WOOD.

After you've successfully routed a couple of neck pockets in scrap, you're ready to move on to the body itself.

You'll have to give up any dream you have of having a natural finish--unless you use a pickguard to cover up the damage.

It took my own complete failure to understand the dire necessity of preparing your templates BEFORE trying to build the guitar! But remember, if you aren't making mistakes, then you probably aren't learning much.

Adam.....I just told you how to fix this, so did idch. Do you not understand what I said?

Take a router and a template and make the neck pocket even, flat, & perfectly square etc. THEN take another piece of mahogany and shape it so it is an exact fit for the neck pocket, leave it a bit snug. Glue it in, clamp it and let the glue dry. Now take a template for a neck pocket, using your router, route out the new neck pocket.

Is there something that you do not understand about this procedure?

Possum --I'm going to repeat a bit here, bear with me.

You're going to want to route out the entire damaged section --including the humbucker cavity.

Here's how I'd do it:

I prepare a block of body wood large enough to cover the area. You want that block to be nice and neat --parallel sides, at least.

I'd then take that piece and place it on top of a large piece of wood (or MDF etc) and trace around it.

Then I'd cut out a hole in the wood --the hole should end up EXACTLY matching your piece of wood. It should be snug --that means you'll have to push a bit to get it into there. (Be careful though, don't ruin the edge).

If you screw up the first hole, try again. It's important that it's exact.

Now, that piece of wood with the hole is going to be your template --you use that to guide your router (assuming you have a template bit --if not I'll get to that at the end).

Place the template over the area of the guitar to be routed. I use double-sided tape to hold it down in place (I'd highly recommend that!).

Be careful with the router this time --only take off a little bit at a time. There's no rush, you'll have years to play the guitar, so if it takes an extra hour, it's no big deal, right?

Once you've routed to the proper depth --that is, the EXACT depth of your wood block, you're ready to glue it into place.

If you've done things properly, it should all fit together nicely.

Okay, now, if you don't have a template bit, it's still possible to do this --you'll need clamps and a good straight edge. Place your template on the body (with double-sided tape) and clamp down your straight edge so that when you push the router along it, the router bit will follow EXACTLY the template line.

It's much more difficult to do it this way though, I really recommend picking up a template bit.