Wiring Help Schermatics

cbsovtek

I am new to guitar rewiring and modification so please have patience and thanks for your help. I am trying to wire an old strat-style body with a lace sensor blue, fender custom 54 middle, and a pearly gates hum at the bridge. I could not really find a 1 hum, 2 sing, 1vol, 2 tone, 5way schematic. 1). I was wandering if anyone has a link to this setup. 2) I was curious about the size pots to use for these specific pickups. I was using 500K vol pot, and 2 250k tone pots. 3) I have no clue what size capacitors would benefit this setup most most, so any suggestions are appreciated. 4.) when using ground wire in guitar electronics does it matter if some grounds are copper, and others not? Thanks again

Some people have reported problems mixing lace pickups with other passives, others seem to get away with it with virtual impunity. The only thing I can tell you is to try it, and watch for phase issues, as crafty mentioned. To answer (one of)your original questions, the 500K volume pot probably won't be a problem, although it will make the single coils a bit brighter.

i put a lace in with my other strat pickups. with the 500k it was brighter than the other pickups.. wicked bright. however it did work nicely for chicken picking. but it was nearly useless by itself. sounded like a dimarzio when i put it witht the middle pickup.

I had a Lace Blue (which is currently for sale in the classifieds) installed in the neck of one of my Strats with two regular pickups. I had no problems, probably because the Blue is more like a PAF than a single coil in sound. It sounded as it should have (posted sound clips in the Electronics tutorial section), and pots were 500K stockers that came with the guitar. The only issue was hum when neck and mid-pickup were selected together.

Here you go. For schematics, I always check Guitarelectronics.com since they have just about all of the basic wiring stuff. If you don't have a Lace wiring diagram, just remember that white and green are ground on the lace sensor and Orange is your hot wire.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...