Padauk/mahogany Les Paul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Getting this one back on the road again. Unfourtunatly, upon doing my measurments this morning i found out my template shifted when i was routing the bridge pup cavity, not by much, just a 5mm to the right, but that is alot to me. I figure i have 2 viable options, route more to the left and fabricate some larger pup rings, or fill the rout with some spare mahogany and start over. I think i may do the latter.

I'll post pics showing how bad it is tomoro when i get my cam back. heres some snaps i took of my phone, just to give you an idea of where i am with it.

th_Image1485.jpg

th_Image1484.jpg

Dampend with naptha in the pic.

baisicly all i need to do now is finish fretting (ran out of fretwire) then get the neck to where i want it (i thought it was there just now, but my ibanez tells me to go thinner.... just another 3 or 4mm, i hve about 9befor i hit truss routs.) fill and re-route bridge pup cavity, blend repair into top, mount bridge, smooth the top out some more. Then finish it up and wire it up.