Evh Star Replica

Dino

hmmmm....

maybe not your book....

BUT

http://www.eddievanhalen.com/cgi-bin/index...=674480&start=0

says there you are "affiliated with them"

For the record, can you please explain that?

Check the site. He's listed as a recognized user of the system and is interviewed here.

I think him pimping the book is yet to be seen. It's a valid method of refinishing, and is it any different from suggesting a book from Erlewine or video from Stew Mac? I could see if he were selling it directly, but he's just showing off his work. In the previous thread his only sin was saying that he learned how to do it from the paintyourownguitar.com site.

Nice work Dino, and you have to take some of the stuff here with a grain of salt sometimes, but it is a great place to learn and share your work.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Guest AlexVDL
You know I dont care about all that other bull POOP so I have nothing to say about that!!

But I do have something to say about that guitar! I love this thing ...

!!METAL MATT!!,

I must admit, your compliments and kind words in this thread really stick out like a turd in a punchbowl, but they couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Thank you so much!!!

:D

BS Dino... I wrote I liked the guitar and you did a perfect job copying it! But I dislike the 21 frets... but I didn't mean your guitar but the fact that Eddie played on a 21 fret neck. Your guitar is a replica so nothing wrong with it. If it had a pink tremolo I still would like your guitar because it's a good replica, but then again I don't have to like the pink color... you know what I'm saying?

Chill out dude... and nevermind Algee... some people love to pick fights :D But then again your first reply to the comments was a bit childish too... come on, they're just a bunch of comments and critics (and some praise which you haven't noticed).

I was curious as to WHO this guitar guru "AlgeeEater" was, so I did a quick search.

(hey ... two can play the "search game", right?)

Here ya go ...  B)

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=18851

Nice project dude.  B)

Did your Mommy buy you a drill press and a router yet?  :D

Dude, you're KILLING ME!!!  :D

Cause yeh thats so much more mature isnt it :D

I hope that comment picks you up a 2 week read only vacation, Absolouty no need to DIRECTLY offend another member of the board

I think this thread is going beyond the point of return...

~~ Slain Angel ~~

I was curious as to WHO this guitar guru "AlgeeEater" was, so I did a quick search.

(hey ... two can play the "search game", right?)

Here ya go ...  :D

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=18851

Nice project dude.  :D

Did your Mommy buy you a drill press and a router yet?  B)

Dude, you're KILLING ME!!!  :D

I REALLY hope you are kidding me dude. An WHO is starting fights Alex? Why don't you, Dino, read rule number 3!! Good job, hypocrite!

Thanks, I havent gotten started because of funds and school

EDITTED. Atleast I can do better than paint a bunch of copy guitars.

EDITTED this

EDITTED place. See ya'll later!

Edited by rhoads56

Guest AlexVDL
Chill out dude... and nevermind Algee... some people love to pick fights  :D

I'm not picking any fights. I didn't even start a fight. Where do you get the nerve to say that?

Don't act so innocent, what do you call this?

It looks good, I just hope you arent back to pimp your book again. You also said you weren't going to come back here anymore. What happened? Let's not go thru that again wink.gif

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...opic=15656&st=0

Man he just posted a some pics of his guitar and you were all over him about some old stuff.. I see absolutely nothing wrong about this thread before you came along, because that pissed him off. So yeah, I call that picking a fight :D

OK back to topic now or close this thread!

THIS WHOLE THREAD HAS BECOME ABSOLOUTY F'IN USELESS

Dino - Your work is great just learn to take criticism the same as compliments... and DO NOT attack members of this board theres just NO NEED

Algee - Calm down dude and dont go, Theres no need to leave over one thread

the rest - Lets just move on and forget this thread yeh? Get the mods to clean up and we will start again?

I ADMIT I WAS PARTLY TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS BUT WE NEED TO JUST SHUT UP N MOVE THE HELL ON, THIS IS PATHETIC, I MEAN CMON WHAT IS THIS PLACE TURNING INTO

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Chill out dude... and nevermind Algee... some people love to pick fights  :D

I'm not picking any fights. I didn't even start a fight. Where do you get the nerve to say that?

Don't act so innocent, what do you call this?

It looks good, I just hope you arent back to pimp your book again. You also said you weren't going to come back here anymore. What happened? Let's not go thru that again wink.gif

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...opic=15656&st=0

Man he just posted a some pics of his guitar you were all over him about some old stuff.. I see absolutely nothing wrong about this post before you came along, because that pissed him off. So yeah, I call that picking a fight :D

OK back to topic now or close this thread!

Don't act like a mod, you arent. I'll leave it at that. Mind your OWN buisness! I'm glad you call it as you see it, but that's not really what happened. He could have simply ignored what I said, but decided to retaliate.

See ya's! I'm done arguing over useless crap!

Edited by AlGeeEater

Guest AlexVDL

For what's worth... I've been asked to be a mod a long time ago, long before all the current mods even Kevan. But I said no, because I didn't had the time for the job.

If I was a mod you'd felt it already :D

This is my last post in this thread because I'm not lowering to your level :D

Talk about over reactions! To begin with, I think Algee stepped out of line in the first place, there is absouletely no point in bringing something like that up unless you are trying to get a rise out of some one, good job you did. Its too bad Dino had to follow it up with childish crap aswell.

As far as the book issue goes, I think "GodBleesTexas" said it best... I guess you can give praise to certain methods/books but cant even mention others. Now that is hypocritical.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice guitar Dino.