Evh Star Replica

Dino

I just finished this one over the weekend.

Thanks for looking. :D

Finished1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Din...o/Finished2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Din...o/Finished3.jpg

For those not familiar with the EVH Star guitar ...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Din...rguitar1lil.jpg

ADMIN EDIT: 1 pic per post, the remainder are to be links.

Please re-read the rules on the main site, and on the forum in the Announcements section.

Why build a "replica" if thats not how Eddy would have had it?? I prefer the worn out, "travelled in three world tours"look myself...

Me too. But ever since the MusicMan EVH came out, it's like, what happened to Ed playing beaters? All these nice shiny Wolfies with their ten-tops and burst finishes. Although it's cool to see the old-school Charvels and candystripes back, I personally think it's a rip-off to pay $2500 for a basswood Charvel EVH when you can build a real one out of a Saga kit for 1/10th the price. Maybe a little more with a used or copy Floyd.

I wonder what tour that star guitar was used on. Looks like maybe around Women and Children First or Fair Warning?

It looks good, I just hope you arent back to pimp your book again. You also said you weren't going to come back here anymore. What happened? Let's not go thru that again

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...opic=15656&st=0

To those of you who had kind words ... I REALLY appreciate it.

Your compliments are very encouraging.

Thank you. B)

To the person who wrote the above quote ... what gives?

I simply posted pics of my latest project and thanked those who took the time to visit the thread and view my pictures. If you rather not "go thru THAT again", why post the link? And just WHY would you remember such a thread that occured over six months ago and feel compelled to do a search to find it and post it? Do you still think I'm out to "pimp my book"? I really find that amusing considering the fact that it's not even MY book. :D

I haven't posted on this site in over six months.

Why? Because there are certain individuals on this site who THINK they know it all, have a horrible attitude, and like to criticize others who have worked hard on their projects. You don't like the guitar? Fine ... close the thread and move on.

Are there really that many mothers out there who forgot to teach their children "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? :D

You don't like a factory finish? That's fine ... but doesn't this site provide enough bandwidth for you to be able to start your own thread and post pictures of your beat-up guitar elsewhere?

You don't like necks with 21 frets? You don't like the headstock?

Cool ... again, close the thread and move on. :D

Many of you really seem to enjoy putting down the work of others for whatever reason and I'm really not sure why. I belong to many forums, and this seems to be the only one that carries on with this format. How people are able to learn and share ideas in such a hostile, unwelcome environment is beyond me.

B)

Edited by Dino

Hey dude calm down a little, No one said that they didnt like the 21 fret neck so lets not like the project... they just stated that perhaps they prefer 22 or 24

Same with the headstock... people said they dont like it but also said well done for creating a very very very good replica of the orignal

I think before you tell everyone how to behave... you should take some time out and watch the every day happenings of this forum... the critiiscm is usually the most helpful part of a build... it shows you the good and bad parts allowing you to improve on the next one

BACK ON TOPIC

Thats a great finish there, Top class :D

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Why? Because there are certain individuals on this site who THINK they know it all, have a horrible attitude, and like to criticize others who have worked hard on their projects. You don't like the guitar? Fine ... close the thread and move on.

Are there really that many mothers out there who forgot to teach their children "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?  :D

I like to think of it like this.... if you cant handle public scutiny, dont post your work in a public place. NOBODY has bagged your work, they have commented on EVH's choice of design, WHICH YOU copied. If you're going to take offence when someone has a comment to make about "eddies guitar" well, mate, what can i say... maybe you're too sensitive?? Nothing worn woith that, just so you know IM NOT ATTACKING YOU

You don't like a factory finish? That's fine ... but doesn't this site provide enough bandwidth for you to be able to start your own thread and post pictures of your beat-up guitar elsewhere?

We are all entitled to an opinion, even you. I'll post picks of MY beat up guitar, and pose a question to you, ESPECIALLY when both guitars are based on the same idea... a replica of EVH's guitar. Not happy with that attitude??? You're quite welcome to complain to the Admin or moderators, let it slip by like most people who arent on the defensive, or leave. And, before you sent a tirade of abuse back, im not saying you should leave.

I simply posted pics of my latest project and thanked those who took the time to visit the thread and view my pictures. If you rather not "go thru THAT again", why post the link? And just WHY would you remember such a thread that occured over six months ago and feel compelled to do a search to find it and post it? Do you still think I'm out to "pimp my book"? I really find that amusing considering the fact that it's not even MY book.  :D

hmmmm....

maybe not your book....

BUT

http://www.eddievanhalen.com/cgi-bin/index...=674480&start=0

says there you are "affiliated with them"

For the record, can you please explain that?

hmmmm....

maybe not your book....

BUT

http://www.eddievanhalen.com/cgi-bin/index...=674480&start=0

says there you are "affiliated with them"

For the record, can you please explain that?

"For the record" ....

I am ONLY "affiliated" with www.paintyourownguitar.com in that the author had asked me to do a Q&A for the website to help show others that the techniques he shows in his books really work. THAT is the extent of my "affiliation" with the website. I DO NOT make a penny on ANYTHING. I fully support the author, John Gleneicki because of all he's done to help me, and I fully support his books and will continue to recommend them simply because the techniques shown in these books work. I tried to explain this over six months ago and was told ... "go pimp your book somewhere else".

Also let it be known that I can be found on any forum under the SAME username.

I don't hide behind several usernames on different forums.

Rhoads56 ... it's obvious you are a member on the eddievanhalen.com forum, though I don't recall ever seeing a "Rhoads56" username. If you have nothing to hide, why not tell us your username on that forum? Uh ... "for the record" that is.

For those of you who agree with "public scrutiny", I'd like to quote something found on the "Rules and Coduct" page of this very forum ...

"3. There is be no flaming, derogatory remarks, use of continuous fowl or explicit language (The Old Golden rule applies, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all)"

Have a nice day :D

Edited by Dino

It looks good, I just hope you arent back to pimp your book again. You also said you weren't going to come back here anymore. What happened? Let's not go thru that again

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...opic=15656&st=0

I simply posted pics of my latest project and thanked those who took the time to visit the thread and view my pictures. If you rather not "go thru THAT again", why post the link? And just WHY would you remember such a thread that occured over six months ago and feel compelled to do a search to find it and post it? Do you still think I'm out to "pimp my book"? I really find that amusing considering the fact that it's not even MY book.

Are there really that many mothers out there who forgot to teach their children "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? B)

You don't like necks with 21 frets? You don't like the headstock?

Cool ... again, close the thread and move on. :D

Many of you really seem to enjoy putting down the work of others for whatever reason and I'm really not sure why. I belong to many forums, and this seems to be the only one that carries on with this format. How people are able to learn and share ideas in such a hostile, unwelcome environment is beyond me.

B)

I posted that so the new members wouldnt get sucked in again like your last thread. I am looking out for you, dude. Take a chill pill. I didnt do a search. I clicked your name and found the three threads you created. It took me 10 seconds. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't try that hard to "corrupt" you :D I never said anything negative. I said I liked it. Seems you forgot about that and focused on what I said after that.

Nobody said they liked the "factory" finish. Hell, i've gotten better results with rattle cans than you, but I still gave up on them. It's not a factory finish. It's a shiny rattle can finish. YOU have the ego here man. You think your work is so great, and because people put you down they are wrong. You know, in life you are going to face people that don't like your work, get used to it. You can't b*tch about it and expect people to start to like it. I'm not going to repeat what Perry said, cause he said it well but this is a public forum.

For those of you who agree with "public scrutiny", I'd like to quote something found on the "Rules and Coduct" page of this very forum ...

"3. There is be no flaming, derogatory remarks, use of continuous fowl or explicit language (The Old Golden rule applies, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all)"

Nobody is flaming you, using derogatory remarks or using explicit/fowl language :D Can you PLEASE stop trying to get people to like your work, FFS. Not everyone will like what you do!

I'm done arguing. This thread is invisible to me. Say what you wan't but the fact remains you are an egomaniac. Sorry to break it to you. If people don't like your work or try and bring you down, ignore them. Seems people on other forums have boosted your ego, and you expect EVERYONE to love what you do. I never said it didnt look, I just suggested you don't pimp your book.

Edited by AlGeeEater

With that rule Dino, theres also an element of common sense to be used...

If we followed that in the way you want us to, Somebody could post a guitar they have built...ok the thing is horribly designed, its unplayable... and the finish is awful BUT we must still all say "Thats Brilliant"

We did NOT slate you as a person but instead commented on the fact that YOUR WORK WAS GOOD BUT "PERSONALLY they might not like it!!

Dino you need to learn to Accept criticsm, It will (regardless if you think it or not) help you in the future as you learn from mistakes...

~~ Slain Angel ~~

You know I dont care about all that other bull POOP so I have nothing to say about that!!

But I do have something to say about that guitar! I love this thing, for some reason the black and white finish thing on guitars is driveing me nuts I really seem to like them and Im not sure why :D and the fact that its on A star body REALLY REALLY gets me going B) I dont care that the Nect has 21 frets So does my first Impaler

I dont mind the Head stock because your goal was to copy the guitar And you did that very well

Great Work man!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey, no fair! What did chickens and other avians ever do to deserve not being talked about? Ain't nothing wrong with fowl. Especially when rotisseried.

And when it comes to explicit language, well, I'd rather be told, clearly and explicitly, how something's done than have it be obfuscated by the vaguaries of implicit communication.

...oh, wait, you meant explicit as in 'describing or portraying nudity/sex in graphic detail', right? My bad.

Edited by mattia

Also let it be known that I can be found on any forum under the SAME username.

I don't hide behind several usernames on different forums.

Rhoads56 ... it's obvious you are a member on the eddievanhalen.com forum, though I don't recall ever seeing a "Rhoads56" username. If you have nothing to hide, why not tell us your username on that forum? Uh ... "for the record" that is.

Have a nice day  :D

Im not the one being all offensive here.... but...

i registered on to the EVH forum TODAY, only to view your profile after seeing what you wrote up there. Not stalking you, just wanted to know if you WERE affiliated with diypaint or whatever, and couldnt be bothered waiting for your reply. And my username is ORMSBYGUITARS, thats my real name, you know, as in PERRY ORMSBY.

Now, why is it your all worked up over this? No-one is hassling you out, you are causing this to continue, we are asking simple questions.

Nobody said they liked the "factory" finish. Hell, i've gotten better results with rattle cans than you, but I still gave up on them. It's not a factory finish. It's a shiny rattle can finish. YOU have the ego here man. You think your work is so great, and because people put you down they are wrong.

I seriously suggest reading what you write before posting.

Can you count the contradictions in these statements?

First off, I NEVER claimed my work was "great". Actually, what I said was that I had just completed this project and thank you for looking. Please explain HOW you can interpret me having an "ego" from this (?). Besides, if you read what you wrote, it appears that YOU are the one with the "ego" my friend.

Second ... "factory finish" was a term used, not to be taken literally.

But I think you already knew that.

Nobody is flaming you, using derogatory remarks or using explicit/fowl language  Can you PLEASE stop trying to get people to like your work, FFS. Not everyone will like what you do!

I'm done arguing. This thread is invisible to me. Say what you wan't but the fact remains you are an egomaniac. Sorry to break it to you. If people don't like your work or try and bring you down, ignore them. Seems people on other forums have boosted your ego, and you expect EVERYONE to love what you do. I never said it didnt look, I just suggested you don't pimp your book.

This is the treatment people get for wanting to share pics of their work?

WoW! I didn't realize just how much I disrupted life as you know it by posting my pics AlgeeEater. And quite frankly, I could give a EDITTED if you like my work or not.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you AlgeeEater.

My email address is easy enough to find if you have any further comments.

Oh .. and get used to seeing my name cause I'm not going anywhere. B)

With that rule Dino, theres also an element of common sense to be used...

If we followed that in the way you want us to, Somebody could post a guitar they have built...ok the thing is horribly designed, its unplayable... and the finish is awful BUT we must still all say "Thats Brilliant"

We did NOT slate you as a person but instead commented on the fact that YOUR WORK WAS GOOD BUT "PERSONALLY they might not like it!!

Dino you need to learn to Accept criticsm, It will (regardless if you think it or not) help you in the future as you learn from mistakes...

No disrespect SlainAngel, but I think you're missing the point.

Those who read the quote I posted only seem to focus on what does NOT apply here (e.g. foul language, etc..). What SHOULD apply is the "golden rule" as stated.

I can accept critisizm just fine and you're welcome to your opinions. However, I truly do not feel that the input I've heard here will make my projects "better", not do I believe that was the intent, do you? :D

You know I dont care about all that other bull POOP so I have nothing to say about that!!

But I do have something to say about that guitar! I love this thing ...

!!METAL MATT!!,

I must admit, your compliments and kind words in this thread really stick out like a turd in a punchbowl, but they couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Thank you so much!!!

:D

Edited by rhoads56