Intonation

hey i have a tun-o-matic bridge, and the e and b string intonation is a bit off and the saddle is as far back as it will go, so i need to flip the saddle around.

now i cant figure out how to do that heh, do i turn the screw all the way until the saddle comes right close the the head of the screw or all the way to the other end, cause either way it just seems like the screw stops, and i dont wanna force it.

any help?

thanks

Edited by frubsen

Is there a spring of wire on the front side holding them in? If so you can pull that out and the saddles and their respective screws will just fall right out. I'd take a picture but im at work *sigh* I hate this fricken job.

Hmm... Well maybe someone else has seen this type. Maybe it's the picture but it looks sorta backwards to me. I mean, the "flat" face of the saddles ordinarily go toward the nut. The low E side sometimes has the saddles in backwards because those wound strings need to be longer between the nut and saddle.

-Doug

If that's your TOM, the E B are already all the way back.  Inverting them will only make the saddle notch closer to the nut.  Unless you had it backwards to begin with.  The intonation screw is suppose to go towards the nut.

Exactly!

-Doug