Pickups?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

sxrxnrr1369

ok guys, im sure you get ?'s like this all the time, but i feel the need to ask it again. I need to kno which pickup i should get? All i ever play is metal so i need somthin that sounds really good when distorted. If it helps, i play rythm in a band. Ive been looking at Emg's for awhile, but i dont really wanna have to deal with batteries. Ive also been thinking about a good ol' seymore duncan. I was looking at the invader and the fullshred. But if theres somthing better for my situation, please let me kno. im just looking to put one pickup in this guitar, and that will be the bridge set. Any info much appreciated.

-Tony-

What kind of metal?

NWOBHM- Full Shred or Dimarzio Super Distortion

80's Thrash- Duncan JB, Duncan Custom, Custom Custom or Custom 5, Dimarzio X2n or Megadrive

Hair metal- Screamin Demon, Paf pro, Evo, or Alnico Pro II

Nu Metal- Lots of Dimarzios(drop sonic,distortion,steves special), dimebucker,invader

500XL like lovekraft said (make sure its a bill lawrence, not a bill lawrence USA). EMGs are good, but as you said, batteries are a hassel.

SD distortion (sh-6) and JB (sh-4) are both good, aswell as the custom, but the JB is better for cleans. Dimarzio Evolutions, x2n's blaa blaa blaa. go to a guitar shop and play some high end guitars with SD's and dimarzios and see what you like.

An important thing to note aswell, is what kind of guitar are these going in? different woods acentuate different frequencies. because of this certain pickups will go better with different woods.

acctually im putting it in a guitar im gonna be makin in the next few weeks. i just got a neck from carvin. its neck through. im gonna go with maple for the rest of the body. but i think im gonna go with the Emg's. i heard that the battery last a while. like say if you changed it every 2 months you would be more then fine. im also thinkin about getiing and Emg after burner along with it.

-Tony-

acctually im putting it in a guitar im gonna be makin in the next few weeks. i just got a neck from carvin. its neck through. im gonna go with maple for the rest of the body. but i think im gonna go with the Emg's. i heard that the battery last a while. like say if you changed it every 2 months you would be more then fine. im also thinkin about getiing and Emg after burner along with it.

-Tony-

Just dont leave your cable plugged into the guitar

I also have to agree with a L500XL its one of my favorite pickups. Its great with distortion and has tight lows and plenty of harmonics. Its what Dimebag used up until SD made the dimebucker for him (wich borrowed heavely from the L500XL). EMGs are nice aswell i have those in one of my guitars and I do like the distorted sounds alot but i tend to use it more in my effect heavy rigs. It does depend alot on what sound your goin for.