Smashed Up Tele Repair

here is a pic of a telecasteri repaired for a mate, it was only a squier and to get it repaired by a pro would of cost him more than the guitar was worth, so he gave it to me to fix :D

the headstock had split down the tuning peg holes and had completely fractured so i had to plane it off and glue on a wing. the neck bolts had torn out alot of the wood and split it, so i glued on the broken bit with titebond, sanded it down. i then plugged the holes with 10mm maple dowl. then the holes were re drilled.

the body had a huge crack down it so i dribled a bit of CA down it. my friend decided he wanted it white 3 days before the gig he wanted it done by. so he gave me 2 cans of paint to paint it :D i was like er ok.

the paintjob came out alright on the front, the back was a pile of sh** i wanted to do it again but he wanted it for the gig and loved it anyway B)

here is a crappy pic, please ignore the assorted junk on my floor :D

kazs.jpg

pic of the headstock can be found here headstock re designed

Good job on the headstock!

Enough guns? :D I count 3 siting on the floor, I'd tell ya to clean your room but You scare me man :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

did he pay you for the job? If so, take some of the money and buy some nippers to cut the strings with. :D

Sorry, uncut strings are a HUUUGE pet peeve of mine

well, i have got some string nippers :D i hate uncut strings too (bad eye experience B) ) you can even see the red snipe nosed cutters in the bottom left of the pic B) he is supposed to be giving me £20 but he has only payed me 1 pound its quiet pathetic.

if you are intrested there is only 2 guns on the floor, the bit with the scope on it comes out of the sniper rifle under the guitar, has a huge barrel to go on it. the pistol in the box is my m9, they are only bb guns so nothing to worry about.

and my room has since been tidied.

EDIT: for those who are intrested to see more pics (not many of you probably :D) here are some pics of the guitar at a gig last night:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/simon...IrstSest020.jpg

back of neck : clicky

tha back, dunno why im posting this but hey :rargen

si

Edited by mynamesucks