Guitar Making School

There also used to be a course in Leeds which was excellent, best time I had in my life was when i was there.

Was 2 years learning how to make a Bolt on neck electric guitar, as well as learning to repair guitars. was a 4 day a week course alternating between making and repair each day and then there was the HNC year in which it was the same but you made a neck through and more in depth repairs. The tutors there were brilliant. unfortunatley the powers that be closed it down cos they were dicks. it was supposed to be moving to another site but they pulled out at the last minute and there was no back up plan for this. So the course had no where to go, so our 2 year course was cut to 1 year, teachers were out of a job and one of the best guitar courses around was shut down for good which sucked big time as it had been going for many years.

There is currently an acoustic making course in Moston College in Manchester, and maybe in time an Electric version of this course if the ppl in charge can agree on everything. but they are few and far between thats for sure, which is a damn shame

:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic