Rokeros At1

Haha, after sharing and posting a bit, I have finally come along to doing my own project. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys already got bored of what I am writing, well I am anyways. But to drag you off the boredom of another design, I am probrably the first that I know of in Hong Kong to fully build a guitar of their own design. :D

But anyways here's my design after a long run of random drawings (I learnt that a single slight mess up of a curve can totally destroy the overal image of the guitar.

Here it is:

IMAGE_00001.jpg

Sorry about the quality, just a phone shot.

Comments please welcome: GD or BD

Ash HK :D

I think its pretty cool your trying to come up with an orginal design, but to me that one doesn't really work. The little indent in the bottom seems out of place and the iceman-esque top horn doesn't really gel with the pointy lower horn.

Just my opinion though of course. Defintely keep trying though!

- Dan

For me the top left one on the 2nd image has the most potential, and IMO I would prefer that to your original one. I quite like it actually :D Since I probably offended you a bit before I will try and be constructive this time and say that I might fatten up the horns a little bit and fiddle with the length.

If it were me that would be at the top of my list though.

Thats enough from me now though :D Good luck with it

I think the design you picked looks good, although I think you may want to beef up the bass side of the neck pocket around the horn a bit, for strength, or perhaps drop the recess on the other side and make the neck pocket more recessed like a PRS type joint, where its right in the body and makin lotsa contact with wood. That helps the whole heel thing aswell :D (Im assuming its a bolt on cause of the bolt holes)

PS. I am not very good at drawings.

It's really cool to see your designs taking a similar shape each time, to me it looks like you've got good focus on what you're 'envisioning' your guitar's design to be.

What I recommend, if you'd like your drawings to take on a more 'technical' or 'blueprint' feel, is to pick up some larger sheets of grid or drafting paper, bust out the straightedges, compasses, angle finders and whatnot, and take a look through some books on perspective, technical drawings, and the like. I think you'd be surprised at how your designs will take a much more uniformed look to them.

I'm not familia with the programs used for CAD drawings, but I would alsoo recommend maybe giving a sample program a try, if you search around for one.

Sorry if my reply was too vague to give you specific help, but it was just a passing thought I had about your drawings. They look good thus far, the initial sketches are great.

Edited by blakeish

Aya! My Cam/CAM is screwed up! Could someone if kindly enough (which I doubt), please help me correct that design so that I can open it up on pro/desktop. I tried blending an iceman bottom with an RG and a ParkerFly, but still can't get the shape right! Tried hours and hours the shape is still so screwed. Argh!

Yeah! Got my design onto CAD accurately. I drew grids on my sketch and then scaled it to get the right curves. But it seems a little large, heres a pic with my Rokeros AT1 side by sides with an RG body. Even after scaling down a bit it still looks quite big. Maybe it's just me, but what do you guys think?

RokerosAT1vs.jpg

Cheers