Hi! I've been repairing guitars, footpedals and amps for about ten years now off and on. Mostly for my own amusement but I did manage a repair section of a local guitar shop for a year or so recently until my career dictated I had to spend more time at work :D

Well, I'm getting my broken axes back out and the soldering irons are warming up once again!!

One thing I don't know a lot about, well I KNOW what I've read but have no skill LOL, is refinishing. That's what I've come here for. I been reading the posts around here for about an hour and everyone has a great way of expressing themselves so I hope to learn and pass on what I know as well.

Oh, after reading the intro of someone else, I figured I'd mention my time-line a bit as well:

I have been playing guitar for 17 years and have played in clubs from florida to texas and even in Japan! That's an opportunity most don't get to experience but I was once in the Navy and made every second count :D

I got into the electronics of music back in 96 and have never looked back. I obtained an associates degree in electronics in 2001 and try to make use of it in my hobbies all I can. B)

I'm a software developer for the 3rd largest trucking company in the US. Funny how my hobbies don't really meet my career. :D

Well, enough about me!

Hey, some Van Halen fans! Good news! Welcome abrichardson, it's nice to have someone new around here with some new knowledge. We look forward to your contributions.. and helping you. Enjoy the site, it really is a good resource.