Anyone Use Gotoh Floyd Rose?

Simply put they are superb although not in the same league as the Floyd Rose it is the only one I would ever put on my guitars as an alternative PERIOD! Also these were used on the Ernie Ball EVH model but the only difference was Gotoh put the MusicMan stamp on it and not Gotoh, so in answer to you're question if it was good enough for Eddie I'm sure It'll be good enough for you. Kammo1

Simply put they are superb although not in the same league as the Floyd Rose it is the only one I would ever put on my guitars as an alternative PERIOD!

Can you explain this a little further? I always use Floyds on my guitars and would like to know more about these. I switch between OFR's and Schallers but I mostly use OFR's. I honestly don't hear or feel much of a difference betwen the Schaller and the OFR but I've only tried switching on the same guitar once. The difference in sound was less than the difference in feel and they were both very minor.

The only thing I could consider a negative concerning the Schallers is the locking screw is smooth and won't take a intonation tool (the little slider/spring jobber that AllParts sells to help intonate) and the D-Tuna. I have'nt tried the D-Tuna but it appears as though it needs that knob on the end. I'd guess that you could swap out that screw for an OFR type but I haven't tried that yet either. Basically, I like the Schaller very much but will pick the OFR when possible.

Any info on why you like these bridges would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only thing I could consider a negative concerning the Schallers is the locking screw is smooth and won't take a intonation tool (the little slider/spring jobber that AllParts sells to help intonate) and the D-Tuna. I have'nt tried the D-Tuna but it appears as though it needs that knob on the end. I'd guess that you could swap out that screw for an OFR type but I haven't tried that yet either. Basically, I like the Schaller very much but will pick the OFR when possible.

Any info on why you like these bridges would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dave, I just swap the fat screw for an OFR Screw when intonating the schaller bridge. Works fine. I don't use a D-Tuna so I can't comment there