Mosrite Copy

helge

i got an update on the hardware. since i'm not using original pickups and since i hate the look of P90, i will use a p90 in humbucker size in neck position and a humbucker in bridge. then i will use a schaller tune o matic bridge and dependend on how good the body turns out a bigsby tremolo or a string through thing. hope i can post new pictures tonight of the wood work.

a bigsby is cheaper that the wraparound. i think i will just go for that. if the body doesn't turn out as good as its supposed to, i can still use the bigsby for other projects or another mosrite, because i want one really bad.....

Where are you buying your bigsbys and wraparounds?? Because a good wraparound bridge shouldn't set you back more than 80 bucks TOPS, which I'd guess won't get you a bigsby+bridge.

The link I gave was for one of those Hipshot Baby Grands, just because I really like them. :D

But you can get a compensated wraparound for $15 (I just ordered one from Stewmac, in fact, cost a little more but I needed other parts that Guitarfetish doesn't have) or if you really want to be able to adjust it, you can get a Wilkinson version --it lets you adjust the B-G strings (check out guitarfetish's auctions though-- I bought one from them for $20). There's also a more advanced version that lets you adjust the A and D strings too.

But if you really want a bigsby, then go for the bigsby. Don't settle for anything less.

Here's a roller bridge --looks like it'd be perfect.

You can get a licensed Bigsby (a B50) for around $60...the B5 will set you back about $100. I bought a copy for $39 at one point --not worth it, by the time I was through paying shipping, the B50 would have cost me $10 more.

Whatever you do, I'd make sure you have ALL your parts together before you continue working on the guitar --you need to make sure the bridge is going to work with your neck for one thing (spring spread, radius).

• 3 weeks later...
Here's an excellent carve Not a Mosrite, an Eastwood

And here's a Mosrite Mark V

And then there's the Univox Hi Flyer --more Rite than Mos!

Heyas, Mickguard, it's Xan... from the last link (Snowy) from above...thanks fer the linkage :D

Be sure to hit the main page, as I have more 'kids' as well, and a friend's kids in various states of modification, as well as schematics and other fun stuff as well :D

Xan...

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With the file that Helge provided, i did some changes in it to get more close to the Mosrite Mark V.

Here is the file that i did.I totally suck at cad, this was my first ever cad project.. :D

My big issue is that i don't know the guitar, never been with one and i'm a bit confused with sizes.

All i did was thru photos..

Please, any info is welcome.. :D

Well, tell me what you think.

Mosrite_Mark_V.jpg

Please, any info is welcome.. :D

Well, tell me what you think.

Well, I like the flow in the lines, but I don't like how deep the neck sets into the body. This will be a very hard to play guitar on the higher frets!

That design, with a deep set neck or a bolt on like the PRS would be great, with the neck meeting the body at the 20th fret!

I think Maiden has a good point though -- I mean, sure, your drawing is true to the actual guitar, but how are you going to feel playing it? It's easy enough to adjust the design of the guitar to make it more playable, without sacrificing the part of it that inspires you.

Ed Roman sells the Gospel, if that's what you really want.