Solder

Nitefly SA

I usually buy my electronics solder from guitarelectronics.com but it only comes in 6 foot increments and i want a whole spool of it, so where do i get a spool of electronics solder thats good for guitar wiring, what kind do i look for? I tried searching but naturally when i search "solder" i got millions of hits so i figure ill just ask, thanks.

I usually buy my electronics solder from guitarelectronics.com but it only comes in 6 foot increments and i want a whole spool of it, so where do i get a spool of electronics solder thats good for guitar wiring, what kind do i look for? I tried searching but naturally when i search "solder" i got millions of hits so i figure ill just ask, thanks.

You just need rosin core solder. Pretty much every hardware store carry's it. I think wal-mart does. CanadianTire has it too....but that one prob dosen't apply to you.

Try Kester 245 - available in Pocket-Pak™ or 1/2 lb spool, from your friends at Mouser. The low-residue flux really makes cleanup easy, and the .020 diameter means even the smallest connections won't be a problem. As a bonus, the 63/37 alloy goes directly from solid to liquid without the "plastic" state, so it almost eliminates cold joints.