My First Modifications

Well,

I just wanted to hear what y6ou guys have to say about my Hondo.

This is what I have done with it:

*Reshape the neck

*Change all hardware

*Route the tremolo-pocket to fit a fender sized trem

*Sand the body and neck, and refinnish it

*Changed the inlays

*Scalloped the neck from the 7th fret and up

*Changed all frets

Everything turned out great, exept the refinnishing part. It was all going verry well, until I started polishing it. The pollish I used Stiffened on the surface, leaving the paint with a greyish film over the perfect paint. Still looks good, but the paint is not shiny and reflective the way it was before trying to pollish it. B)

Anyway, even if it still looks bad, it plays like a dream now. The action is realy low, and I love the scalloped fretbord.

Here are the pics:

Front

front2.jpg

Front

front.jpg

Back

back.jpg

Neck

neck.jpg

I'll also use the oppertunity to showoff my pedalboard, wich is under progress.

Top wiev

b1.jpg

Side

b2.jpg

Back

b3.jpg

Bottom

b4.jpg

So, what do you think? :D

:D

Edited by syndromet

sounds like maybe the paint wasn't fully cured before you tried to polish it, 3m has the best buffing and polishing compounds in my opinion.....but none the less thats a coooool hondo!

You're not supposed to polish paint. You're supposed to sand, then polish the clear coat. Did you put on a clear coat?

I sprayed all finnishes with aerosol paint, and cleared it with several layers. I then polished with polish from the same manufacturer as the clear.

Edited by scottyd

How are the danelectro FAB? Are they any good. THey are cheap, but do they match up to a boss DS-1, TS-808 or FUlldrive 2?

I love my danelectros, as you probably can see from the pics. I first bought the fab OD, and it quickly replaced my modded TS9. I guess it all depends on what sound you want, but I love these things. For 15$ they are well worth trying. They deffinitively helped me in my search for the perfect tone.

How are the danelectro FAB? Are they any good. THey are cheap, but do they match up to a boss DS-1, TS-808 or FUlldrive 2?

I love my danelectros, as you probably can see from the pics. I first bought the fab OD, and it quickly replaced my modded TS9. I guess it all depends on what sound you want, but I love these things. For 15$ they are well worth trying. They deffinitively helped me in my search for the perfect tone.

yep i love my danelectro metal pedal and for 15$ its the best deal ever.

and nice guitar too, that neck scallop looks nice.

Same thing happened to me with the polish though :D