Fake Bill Lawrence Pickup Wiring

Gemm012

So, my guitarist is starting to not like her MIM Strat's single coil sound as much anymore and wanted to get a new guitar. Then I informed her that she could change the pickup. Anyway, the question is, I have a fake Bill Lawrence 500-L that has a red, white, black, green, and ground, that I got duped on, and I may wire it up for her tomorrow, but I need to know which wire would go to the volume pot, which two to wire together, and which one to go to ground. Also, I don't know if the sound is acceptable, I haven't wired it up yet to anything, so I wanted to know if these just sound really really bad, or just not as good as the real Bill Lawrence. Also, I don't have a multimeter, and don't know how to use one :D . Thanks for the help guys.

Galen.

Um, if it's a fake L-500, is it a Duncan? Or is it a Bill Lawrence USA counterfeit? Duncans are red-white soldered together, black hot, green ground. You may want to switch it to green hot, black ground because the middle pickup (if you're keeping it) on the MIM Strat is reverse-wound/polarity as well.

More details on the source and brand of the pickup would be helpful. Also, are you planning on keeping the neck and mid single coils?

Alright, thanks. I was refering to the fake Bill Lawrence USA counterfeit ones. I think I'd just keep the other two pickups in, even though the sound that she and the other guitarist have are very limited, and I don't think I've ever seen either of their guitars on anything other than bridge pickups. Well, thanks for your help guys, and I'll probably see either tonight or sometime soon.

Galen.

Well, I put it in tonight and it worked out great. She really liked the new sound along with the rest of the band. And, this is maybe the second time I've done wiring modifications and not been burned with the iron :D , even I did get burned by a hot solder joint :D . Thanks for your help guys.

Galen.