Where To Put Battery Boxes

can you you install a battery box on the back of a bass between the pickups without a huge effect on your sound? I'm looking at the stewmac box (possibly the 18-volt if I can get away with it). I'm also open to other suggestions. This information may be useful to know as well; The through-body section is 1-5/16 thick. I'm using 2 active soapbars (so I'll be doing a lot of routing down the middle to begin with).

I would stay away from the area between the neck and the bridge. My main concern isn’t the sound, but the over all structural strength of the instrument. This area take n the full force of the strings, and I believe that if you remove as much wood as you would with the StewMac 18V battery box; there is some risk that you weaken this area to much. Of cause it is also influenced by the body shape and so on. With enough mass surrounding this area it can of cause work very well, but again, I would stay away from it.

I'd be looking for something like this...

battery1.jpg

works well for replacement, neat and small hole required...would put it behind th bridge or an enlarged control cavity for structual reasons. This is the type of box used by Parker I believe...

I'd be looking for something like this...

battery1.jpg

works well for replacement, neat and small hole required...would put it behind th bridge or an enlarged control cavity for structual reasons. This is the type of box used by Parker I believe...

yeah, I'd mentioned I want to use a stewmac box, which is basically the same.