String Tree On Headstock And Other Questions.

Hey guys, I have just bought an OTT neck on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Basically i was wondering, where would the string tree go? I would rather it not go through the MOP, Its esacped me, whats the point of a string tree? Do i need one?

Basically the project involves this neck on a Hartke Vacarro Body. I want the Best Hardware i can put onto the bass. What string trees would you recommend?

Rob

The string tree holds the stings into the nut. You can use staggered tuners from Sperzel. With those you do not need a string tree.

Tell us how the neck is when you get it, im interested in those necks

I bought a truss rod cover from that guy though, it seems like plastic more than MOP inlays though, and it cracked in the middle for some reason, but eh.. I dunno.. hopefully the necks are better.. Do tell if its real MOP and if its a good quality neck when you get it!

Can you post a pic of the truss rod cover?

Even if it is cracked it wont make much difference in the playing of the neck Per-say, Someone hazard a guess at the type of neck it is? J/P?

No problem, i love his other designs. Theres one of a huge tarantula on the @Bay at the moment which i might also get!

i have seen close up pictures of other necks and the MOP has cracked. So meh:S. As long as it plays its ok!

Rob

yeah ill post a pic when I get home.. of it on my guitar too hah even though it isnt finished, its a start.. its ok I guess, I think it cracked because it was shipped in like super freezing cold weather then I put it down in my house without the protection around it (shipping package) and then i woke up and it was cracked.. so i dunno if i cracked it when i put it down or what.. eh lol

hope u guys can see this.. Its my new neck.. But I didn't finish the paintjob, It bubbled then didnt stick lol but I am going to repaint it as soon as I buy a painting guitars book.. hopefully soon.. and make a nice finish on it

Click here for the picture of my neck ^^

Thats the truss rod cover though, crack and all.. lol

EDIT: Aww crap.. you're gonna have to goto my photos and the very last 2 images are of the truss rod cover ON my guitar hah

Edited by NickCormier

I think if that neck u ordered from him is good, im gonna order an acoustic AND strat from him! I have a ***** acoustic I wanna get rid of, and my friend wants it for $200, so with that $200 I might buy one from him, least it'll look nice lol.. then buy a ***** strat from him thats all inlayed up, and replace the pickups.. i mean if those are real inlays, even if its like plywood, its nice to have just to look at and make people think u have amazing stuff, then if they want tone ill just pull out my custom guitar im working on hah

They do look amazing though!

Language Warning

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

• 2 weeks later...

The neck came today, Very well packaged, Was actually much faster then the shipping i get from America.

The neck has a profile and thickness inbetween a jazz and a p bass neck. The neck seems to be made out of some decent woods. The inlays seem real enough to me. The frets could have been rolled a little better and needs a slight polish. The Fretboard needed alot of lemon oil but this is understandable for a new neck!

Thats all i can really tell you for now until i get all my other parts in!

Rob