So You Like Nice Teles...

bigdguitars

Yeah I've been thinking about a Tele LP for a while now too... just a silly kisake mock up is all...

bbtele.jpg

:D

Hey...I like that alot eclipse666

Only problem is the controls are way over the pickguard!!! It does give me an idea for turning the control plate around so that the switch is at the back and the volume would be a little closer for those volume swells...very classy look though!!!

Not sure about a carved top though, the JG's look ok but eclipse666's has that black beauty appeal. Perhaps a slight curve. I played in a band once with a guy who had a black schecter humbucker tele like pete townsend also played for a while...classy looking axe!

pete

The JG ones don't really look like a Fender tele anyhow, which is how they can successfully pull off the carve. The upper bout and horn are more like a Yamaha Pacifica (tele-style like the 302S) and the lower bout is more like a Les Paul in that it's all round-like.

Greg

yea, psw the control plate is high.... thats just my mistake.... today when I went to buy some new strings I saw this awsome carved black tele(with soapbar pickups), and it was probally the classiest guitar I have ever saw.

Edited by eclipse666

I am in the process of making a lp tele and someone sent me this....

http://www.jgguitars.com/index.php

This is the 2nd time I surfed that site. The first time I saw it, the design didn't grab me. Now, I must be in the right mindset because I love it. It's a Tele... It's a LP... It's both. It also struck me as one of those "why didn't I do that" kind of designs. It's so nice and simple.