JV-1 Construction Pictures..

Nice work Matt.

However, your pictures are jaggy, because they are being scaled using html IMG tags to set their size. The most obvious is 'side view' of the finished product. If you look at the outline of the body, and the knobs, then right click and select 'view image' you'll see how it should *really* look. The html on your page is telling the browser the image is 520 x 371 when it's realy 605 x 432, this kind of scaling never looks good, and it isn't really doing justice to your beautiful work.

Are you using an html package to assemble the pages?

Nice work Matt.

However, your pictures are jaggy, because they are being scaled using html IMG tags to set their size. The most obvious is 'side view' of the finished product. If you look at the outline of the body, and the knobs, then right click and select 'view image' you'll see how it should *really* look. The html on your page is telling the browser the image is 520 x 371 when it's realy 605 x 432, this kind of scaling never looks good, and it isn't really doing justice to your beautiful work.

Are you using an html package to assemble the pages?

I did it real quickly last night with Frontpage 2003, and I do notice what your talking about. Thanks for the heads up. I wanted the picutures to be approximately the same width, and didn't have time to photoshop them. I'll photoshop the pictures and update it tomorrow. Again, thanks for pointing that out, I totally overlooked that!!

And thanks Kammo1, the finish is poly, the same used to paint cars, etc.

Hey Matt, you can do a quick and easy resize/resample with IrfanView. It does a lot of other stuff too, and it's free.

Thanks for the tip marksound, and mattia. I've downloaded it and have just started to figure out the batch conversion process that you guys are talking about. Very nice. For right now I just let the picture sizes go back to normal, until I have time to get it right. Actually it didn't look bad after I removed the resizing from the html, thanks Setch, I was in such a hurry I never noticed that it really messed up the pictures pretty badly. Again, thanks for all the advice. I already edited the html file and everything is ok now, but I'm still going to use IrfanView to get the sizes correctly when I get time.

Very nice work! :D

I like the burst on the back, and neck too!

Thanks bro, my wifes idea on the painting the burst all the way up the neck. The only things I regret in this build was using the wraparound bridge, and not using my old black epoxy method. If you look at the earlier pictures before it was painted, the grain pattern was really, really great. We'll if I'd taken the time to at least stain the grain black and sand back, even if I didn't use black epoxy, it would have really shown through. After that I built a machine to kick me in the butt everyday.. lol

After that I built a machine to kick me in the butt everyday.. lol

I hope it's a only a playful little kick, because that's still a beautiful guitar.

What don't you like about the badass?

First off, thanks for the vote of confidence...

We'll, the thing I hate is that the wood grain pattern doesn't show up as good as it does on my previous work (with Swamp Ash), and assumed that the black epoxy method didn't really help out as much as I thought. I found out why I had been doing it in the first place, and it was a very helpful reminder.. lol Actually, I like the guitar, but you know how it is when you feel like you could have done something that would have made it better, but didn't. So, let's just say I regret that decision a lot.

There is nothing wrong with the Leo Quan bridge except I don't think it looks as good on this guitar as I expected it to. It's actually a very good bridge and has a wide range of adjustability. I just don't like the look of the bridge on the guitar though, simple as that. I think a standard TOM would have been better.

Matt, I still say with your pictures and your write ups that you should write a book and sell it. Your work is that good and your attention to detail is top notch.

Jehle, you've almost got me convinced bro, and I do appreciate your advice. Who knows what's in store for the future, and I do have some plans along that lines later on in the year. Again, thanks for the encouragement!!