Ebay Save Job

Well, I finally got hold of a camera to show the WIP. The body is a type of mahogany, although i'm not sure what type...I got the body in that shape on eBay so I had no control over that... now its in a somewhat more playable condition... locking Ibanez Edge which I fouled up the first time... Evolutions neck and bridge and an HS-2 middle - single coil used only (all p'ups wired JEM style). Finished with a coat of the toughest wearing floorboard stuff available (thinned down a bit with xylene)... Sounds similar to my lead guitarist's JEM... no wonder really

And yes, for the more observant of you, I did break the bridge by dropping it (both E strings fine tuners snapped)

Anyhoo... Pics:

http://www.imagebucket.net/images/arpharazon/bat.jpg

http://www.imagebucket.net/images/arpharazon/bat1.jpg

obviously still some work to be done... but its playable so I'll slap on some knobs and give it a gig and see how it goes (obviously won't use the trem)

Edited by Ar-Pharazon

As I said, its not all done yet... going to fit some dimarzio strap locks (the kind with the plastic clip... so no buttons... just waiting for the order to come through.

Well, I finally got hold of a camera to show the WIP. The body is a type of mahogany, although i'm not sure what type...I got the body in that shape on eBay so I had no control over that... now its in a somewhat more playable condition... locking Ibanez Edge which I fouled up the first time... Evolutions neck and bridge and an HS-2 middle - single coil used only (all p'ups wired JEM style). Finished with a coat of the toughest wearing floorboard stuff available (thinned down a bit with xylene)... Sounds similar to my lead guitarist's JEM... no wonder really

And yes, for the more observant of you, I did break the bridge by dropping it (both E strings fine tuners snapped)

Anyhoo... Pics:

bat.jpg

bat1.jpg

obviously still some work to be done... but its playable so I'll slap on some knobs and give it a gig and see how it goes (obviously won't use the trem)

I'd do something about the pickguard..

To marksound: I'm sorry but I've not been keeping up with rule changes since I joined (2004)... plus they were supposed to be offsite links... but they didn't come out right... sorry I'm not a forum geek.

To aidlook: it not supposed to be particularly pretty, the main aim was to get a functional guitar out of it... plus, all I had was a router, a chisel and a hand-drill, so I think it went pretty well (I have no workshop to work in and I'm on a student budget... the only reason I got the Evos is because they were going for AU$70 for the pair...so all up the guitar had cost about AU$120... not exactly luxury)