Hello! I've already posted here a couple times before I realized the intr area was here. Man, you guys seem to know what you're talking about and I really appreciate that! Everything I've seen is either right on the money, or is such good BS that I can't tell the difference (I'm guessing the first option)!

I've got a few guitars, and I'm just getting into "tinkering" with them, so I'll probably have a lot of the usual questions that you've all answered a million times--sorry about that. My favorite of my guitars is a '74 Les Paul Custom (20th Anniversary), which I've had since about 9th Grade--over 20 years, yikes! Man, the thing plays like a dream!

Anything else I should mention?

Welcome to the boards!!!! Hope someone can help you out on anything you have questions about.. there are alot of good people on this forum that should be able to direct you in the right direction if they don't have an answer. As far as Gibson Les Paul Customs go.. I have two of them myself that I wouldn't trade for the world.. The first one is a 1980 model, cream colored that weighs a tons.. lol.. but sounds great.. looks exactly like the one Randy Rhoads had. And the other one is a 1987 Les Paul Custom Lite... not sure how many years they made it, but it's super light and has a coil tap switch... it's my favorite. Both of them play great, but there are some things that I think could be done better, which is why I got into building them... it's hard to play in the upper frets because of the big heel.. etc.. Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do...

Matt

Very nice to meet you, Guitarfrenzy! VERY cool guitars, and man, you're not kidding about the LPs weighing a ton!

I've got an Ibanez GAX-75 that I bought new, just to see what I could do with it. I'm going to put new pickups in--Dimarzio Mega Distortion, which is an older pickup, but I hear is pretty comparable to the X2N, and a Duncan Design Super Distortion. I'm also going to install push/pull pots for the dual coil tap and reverse phase. Here's the diagram:

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/diagrams/...ods/lpmod2.html

I've already got a Mammoth Ivory nut on it (I make guitar picks out of the ivory), which is pretty nice. In fact, I just sent a nut blank over to Heritage Guitars along with some picks. You never know, maybe they'll be offering mammoth ivory nuts on their guitars!

So, are the two pickups I mentioned overkill? Should I just replace the bridge pickup with one and put the other in another guitar?