Pickup Suggestions.

I am building a Walnut Tele with a maple neck and fertboard. Any suggestions on pickups so that it does'nt sount too bright and tinny? I would like to use Fender noisless but I'm afraid they would'nt give me the tone I'm looking for. :D

Hey, Thanks for all of the input guys. You Rock :D

I am building a Walnut Tele with a maple neck and fertboard. Any suggestions on pickups so that it does'nt sount too bright and tinny? I would like to use Fender noisless but I'm afraid they would'nt give me the tone I'm looking for. :D

Hey, what i would suggest to do is go to a local music store and play around on some of the guitars. When you find the tone your looking for, get the info on that guitar and find out what pickups it uses. I am building a bass and that helped my decision alot. Pickup choice is a very personal preference. You could also try the electronics section of this forum for a more pickup educated crowd

Hmmm...well, if you don't want a bright and tinny guitar, especially a Tele, then don't build it with Walnut and Maple, for starters.

Your best bet is probably going to be either a humbucker in the bridge and neck, either single-coil sized or regular, or the Duncan Quarter Pound set for Tele.

The Bill Lawrence L-290TL-E is supposed to be a good pickup for warming up the Tele bridge, too.

Hmmm...well, if you don't want a bright and tinny guitar, especially a Tele, then don't build it with Walnut and Maple, for starters.

My feelings exactly. Why on earth would you want to build a guitar where the pickups have to work against the design rather than with it?

My suggestion is that you contact Lew here. He sells pickups of course and is a tone master and a Tele guy. I've bought some pickups from him and he is happy to suggest pickups for your specific application i.e. walnut and maple.