My Vee

if i may add i want HARSH REALISTIC CRITCISM!!!! i plan to sell guitars eventually and i want to know where i stand. point out all the flaws and how i could improve, id really appreciate it. i would love to hear from all you pro and non pro builders out there, you know who you are. :D

Thank you all for the help and compliments.

I really like your work, well done! How would you describe the sound/tone? Are you as happy with the sound as you are with the appearance? Also congrats on being prepared to 'undo' your work and have another go at the finishing. I'm going to do the same with my variation on a V.

Cheers. :D

Sounds metal! well, scince i used Bl XL500's its preety trebly but i have my EQ set so its not ear bleeding. sounds good on gain settings in humbucker mode similar to emgs but more "loose" if you know what i mean. then on cleans in single mode its very twangy on the bridge, i enjoy playing rockabily and blue grass. in the neck its perfect for "ballads" although i dont really use clean when i play metal, its usually semi dirty. when i get over tendonitis ill post sound clips...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i may add i want HARSH REALISTIC CRITCISM!!!! i plan to sell guitars eventually and i want to know where i stand. point out all the flaws and how i could improve, id really appreciate it. i would love to hear from all you pro and non pro builders out there, you know who you are. :D

My only criticism is that I don't like the lack of a truss rod cover, I think a solid black one even if it's nothing fancy would make the headstock blend with the rest of the body better. Maybe also making all the hardware black would improve the look in an area of balance. But these are just my preferences, I really like black on red, I have a guitar I painted that looks just like that. Besides that there is nothing else i can find 'wrong' with this guitar! It looks to be well built, and I like the modified V shape a lot.

Great work, I can only imagine what your next one might look like.