Strat Stringing

I got this strat last month already set up. Played fine.

I removed the strings to install a pup.

I did nothing to alter the 6 screw whammy bridge or tuners. The tuners are where the string is placed through the top of the post instead of the side.

I installed the low e string and it is right up against the fretboard, so it is totally buzzed out. What happened? :D

I got this strat last month already set up. Played fine.

I removed the strings to install a pup.

I did nothing to alter the 6 screw whammy bridge or tuners. The tuners are where the string is placed through the top of the post instead of the side.

I installed the low e string and it is right up against the fretboard, so it is totally buzzed out. What happened? :D

What strings were on it and how low was the action?

What did you replace with?

I have had similar problems after changing from say 12s to 10s or 9s when my action was really low.

the nut is cut to deep and Buzz city somewhere on the fretboard.

So without seeing it I can't give you an answer but It sounds like you changed sizes of strings and it is not setup for them.

Just my humble opinion.

MK

what happened is, when all 6 strings are in they put more pull on the springs/trem raising the strings, put all your strings in and tune it, it should play fine.

:D That's what I was hoping to hear thanx. I just put in one for now to test my wiring with coil tap 1st.

what happened is, when all 6 strings are in they put more pull on the springs/trem raising the strings, put all your strings in and tune it, it should play fine.

:D That's what I was hoping to hear thanx. I just put in one for now to test my wiring with coil tap 1st.

oops! sorry, missed the low E only LOL:)))

mk