Semi-hollow Neck-through

okay. i'm updating finally. i've done quite a bit of work recently on it. thinned the wood around the f-hole, added blocks to mount the tailpiece, glued the skeleton of the body on, added side dots, and i've made knobs, humbucker rings, and a truss rod cover. pics!

DSC_0011.jpg

bigger!

headstock

back of headstock

body

back of body

(dad got a new camera, so i was playing with that this morning)

gonna go glue on the tops and backs of the body now!! give me suggestions for the rest of what i need to do before i mess them up!

Looking really great!

Love those knobs and pickup rings.

I like those pickups too.

• 2 weeks later...

guitar.jpg

alright! getting done! sorry the picture is ugly. my dad took his new camera on a trip with him, so i just took that with the camera on my computer. i've routed the edges, and i just put on my first coat of ktm-9. i'm just brishing the stuff on with a foam brush. i guess i'll add another coat once this one is dry enough to touch. i'm really excited, though. i actually had a dream last night where i had finished my guitar and i was playing outside with my brother. it was a good dream. heh. but yeah, now it's really looking like a guitar and the end is in sight. any final suggestions? the wiring should be pretty easy, i think. single coil, humbucker with a coil tap and three way switcher, one tone, one volume. i think i misplaced my control cover, though.... i'll have to find that so it can get the finish too. if not, i can always just make a plastic one for now, i guess. but i'm a slob. peace! :D

That looks fantastic!

The walnut looks great

• 2 weeks later...

heh. well, the finish isn't actually... finished. i was brushing it on, and it went on well, pretty easy to get an even coat of it. i don't have any polishing compounds or fine grit sandpapers yet, though, so i haven't done any of that yet... i just sort of left it on there as it was. seems pretty nice. i've been playing it since it got hard enough to touch without leaving a mark (overnight) and it's been curing for about a week now. seems to be getting harder. i can't leave a mark with my fingernail or anything. i guess none of that is really professional or anything, but i just couldn't help but start playing it. :D

heh. well, the finish isn't actually... finished. i was brushing it on, and it went on well, pretty easy to get an even coat of it. i don't have any polishing compounds or fine grit sandpapers yet, though, so i haven't done any of that yet... i just sort of left it on there as it was. seems pretty nice. i've been playing it since it got hard enough to touch without leaving a mark (overnight) and it's been curing for about a week now. seems to be getting harder. i can't leave a mark with my fingernail or anything. i guess none of that is really professional or anything, but i just couldn't help but start playing it. :D

I don't blame you at all, it looks great!