Guitar Heroes Den

starry_night

The average listener can't tell that Yngwie plays licks 100 times faster than Hendrix. But they can feel that his (Hendrix's) licks are in the pocket and groove.

O and if none of that works, just splay your legs apart real far and do the windmill thing like Townsend! :D

Edited by Lord-of-the-strings

I know tons, and tons, and tons of people who mock Yngwie

Surely not...

Beware...all the practice in the world may not help you...

and such wannabe's only emphisise how good he really is...

But then...yngwie, he is GOD...I'll let him explain...Big Yngvie, little god, arpeggios from Hell... But he wasn't always big...here he explains his secrets...Thin Yngwie, Teaches god to play guitar...

But there were plenty of others to learn from...Vito B's Bi-dexrous Guitarous...

But, if you can't make it as a guitar player, or you end up a has been...you could be a guitar tech for the next Guitar God...Yngwie is Petrucci's Guitar tech...and cheese cake baker, if you got the right equipment that is.... :D

Anyway, a slight diversion...don't take the practicing too seriously....just have fun...and careful what you wish for.... pete

I was thinking about this last night, and I realize I may have downplayed technique. Technique is great to have, but it is a tool. You have to know when to use it and when not to. Building your chops is like building your vocabulary. If you have a great vocabulary you could say "Your boisterous nature is obnoxious and boorish, please cease with such nonsense." But why do that when you can just as easily say Shut the **** up. Everyone understands it, and it gets your point across very clearly. the flipside of that is, if you don't have the vocabulary you may have something more complicated you want to say, but no way of saying it.

I was thinking about this last night, and I realize I may have downplayed technique. Technique is great to have, but it is a tool. You have to know when to use it and when not to. Building your chops is like building your vocabulary. If you have a great vocabulary you could say "Your boisterous nature is obnoxious and boorish, please cease with such nonsense." But why do that when you can just as easily say Shut the **** up. Everyone understands it, and it gets your point across very clearly. the flipside of that is, if you don't have the vocabulary you may have something more complicated you want to say, but no way of saying it.

Dude, you just said it! The difference between 'Pop' music, and MUSIC. Pop requires no vocabulary what so ever! Other forums, especially jazz and classical require a bit more vocabulary to be consumed as intended.

Right on! :D

• 2 weeks later...
...if you don't have the vocabulary you may have something more complicated you want to say, but no way of saying it.

thats how i see things too, thats why i always ask something.. to learn something that i wanna know; even tho i dont know the right words to use to ask things because i lack such vocabularies :D

makes perfect sense in some ways...