Led > Pickup > Selection

TenderSurrender

Ok, this might seem simple for some of you electronics guru but as i only did GCSE electronics course, this bit feels a little above me!

I want to make a simple(?) circuit that enables leds to light up depending on what pickup your using.

Plan is to drill out some cavitys and mount the LEDS either surrounding or underneath the pups, then as you select the pickup to play, they also light up.

I think itd be pretty cool to have although i dont know how simple?

The current setup is a standard 3SC setup with 5way select!

Any ideas then guys?

Thanks

~~ TS ~~

Well a circuit isn't going to be hard...the problem will be finding a way to switch the things on with the selector. The selector is already being used for pickups selection, you need a spare "pole" for each pickup selection to switch the power on for each setting. After that it's just wires to a battery and maybe a pull down resistor depending on the battery and the number of LED's you are using. Very simple...if you can work out the switching. Maybe a superswitch would activate them...or some moirt switches that are pysically connected when the lever of the switch passes by them... pete

• 2 weeks later...

depending on what kind of 5way you have it can be really easy. even with a stock 5way its possible if you remove the tone control circuits from the second side and do it directly to the first side use the second side to switch the ground on each led i can drraw it up for you if you like. drop me an email.

ansilgregory@yahoo.com

edit

jomonmmano.gif

You will have to add the tone controls in yourself but its not too teribly difficult to add them in from the stock wiring however a better switch would help but a stock five way can do wonders if you apply the right propeties too it.

dont' get me started on diodes and making a five way into a six way but thats another story.

no problems if you like i can draw you up a complte schematic. alittle more profesionaly

guitarwiring.gif

I showed a stereo jack but i showed it broken up where the black battery snap connects to the ground when there is a plug inserted.

no problems if you like i can draw you up a complte schematic. alittle more profesionaly

Link to schem'

I showed a stereo jack but i showed it broken up where the black battery snap connects to the ground when there is a plug inserted.

Cheers once again Ansil, you have been a huge help!

I showed them the first diagram you did and they seemed pretty confident they can do this easily!, ill take in this new one today to see if it can clear anything they might be confused about up :D

Thanks once again Ansil!!

~~ TS ~~

no problem again man. i updated it i had left off hte cap originally. i used a modified version of this for my guitar i had three green leds in there and used a five way to switch it. however i used only one resitor since it was only lighting one or two at a time.

hmm good eye probally be best to just add in another cap and make them seperate.