An Sg For My Son

Thanks much for the positive comments guys.

The coveted Drak 5 award! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. :D

Drak, your comments mean mucho. You helped and encouraged me along the way.

Guess what? I have two more sons. That means a Les Paul and a single cut PRS. Both are in progress so I'll post some photos in a couple of years. :D

My God that guitar is freakin unbeleavably gorgeous, i want one now! Seriously, i go by the same set of rules as drak does, if i went in to a music store and your guitar was there, i would probibly walk out with it. And i dont even like SG's.

Great work, i cant wait to see what your other son's get, i am looking forward to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we arrived safely in Melbourne. Almost couldn't say the same thing for the SG. :D

I packed it into a hard shell case, then wrapped the case in bubble wrap and then packed the case into a guitar box with rolled up newspaper all around. I had eight fragile stickers on the box when I reluctantly checked it as baggage with the airline. You can see from the pics below that the box took a direct hit that went through a fragile sticker, through the paper, through the bubble wrap and dented the case. It was hit right where the headstock was. Fortunately, the case stopped it.

P1010862a.jpg

Here is a pic of the case. clicky

Anyway, it survived and my son loved it. He knew I was working on it but didn't know it was finished or that I was bringing it with me. Here is the SG sitting in its new home next to his Marshall Valvestate 50. clicky

And here is the reason I made the guitar - for my son to enjoy. :Dclicky

Lucky son!

Great guitar too!

My dad did a part time job in the postal service (ages ago), and said that some people there were deliberately rougher with the packages with fragile stickers on them. They'd drop-kick them into vans etc.