Jump to content

T-o-m Posts

Recommended Posts

Why not give us some pictures or something to work with. The question itself is a bit confusing. There are all different kinds of bridges and stoptails, although the two almost never have the same type of stud. A stoptail has a stud that it slides onto from the front or back(ordinarily), and a tom has studs that it sits on top of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think he means the size of the bushing (knurled part that presses into the guitar). In the pine guitar I did, the bushing for the posts were exactly the same size for the stop tail piece and the tom. But that was a korean made so that may not apply to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That all depends on what brand of those items you are using. Stewmac sells a Gotoh TOM/tailpiece combo with the same sized studs but generally bridge posts/studs are much smaller than that of most tailpieces.

There is great info at Stewmac regarding your question. Lots of the items for sale have the specs , ie. detailed diagrams w/ dimensions, provided.

Edited by Southpa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...